Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

so are salted peanuts good for your bodybuilding goals

wanperO

So...
some people say you can have salted peanuts at night instead of a full meal, and they are perfect for dieting since they are Packed with protein and healthy fats, my question is if they can cause water retention because the amount of salt they contain.

Peanuts are not a healthy food at all. They were so heavily marketed in the 1960s to keep the American peanut farmers in business. Peanuts are very fungus forming and have a very poor fatty acid profile. They have way too many omega 6 fatty acids and not near enough omega 3. Peanuts are also high in pyruvic acid which is an anti-nutrient in the body. It binds to minerals in your intestines and prevents them from being absorbed.

Almonds, walnuts and brazil nuts are such better options. If you like natural peanut butter, use natural almond butter instead.

A little bit of salt isn't an issue. Just be mindful of the amount. Some salt - good. Too much salt - not so good. I would buy unsalted almonds and then add your own sea salt.

Peanuts are not a healthy food at all. They were so heavily marketed in the 1960s to keep the American peanut farmers in business. Peanuts are very fungus forming and have a very poor fatty acid profile. They have way too many omega 6 fatty acids and not near enough omega 3. Peanuts are also high in pyruvic acid which is an anti-nutrient in the body. It binds to minerals in your intestines and prevents them from being absorbed.

Almonds, walnuts and brazil nuts are such better options. If you like natural peanut butter, use natural almond butter instead.

A little bit of salt isn't an issue. Just be mindful of the amount. Some salt - good. Too much salt - not so good. I would buy unsalted almonds and then add your own sea salt.

And cashews, dont forget the cashews!

There are much better nuts than the peanuts, so I would rather use them instead. And I would say that their salt is indeed bad, but it would rather be the amount of salt that is found with them, rather than the salt itself. In moderate amounts it is good for our health, and even necessary, but once you go over that amount, it gets bad.

Are you specifically looking for a last meal of the day? I would go with something like chicken and broccoli. You can really use the protein but don't need much for carbs since you will be sleeping soon.

Top Bottom