Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So I'm thinking about starting a CKD, i need some meal ideas.

ok onebreath.
just made up my new diet=)
im psyched like hell to get in the best shape i can for the next 3 weeks....and now theres only 2 days to my carb up!

100 g cheese
300 g lean beef
1 egg
60 g peanutbutter
150 g unsalted nuts
25 g whey powder
200 g of lettuce salad

all this comes out to 150,1 g protein, 30 g of carbs and 180,8 g of fat.

still a little bit shocked at the low protein...havent eaten this low in years!

as to the workouts MATTIE, i do 2on,1off....doing chest and back the 1 and 2 day...then rest...then the next 2 days legs and delts and arms, then start all over.
sometimes i get to change it up beacause of when i want a carb up day

i can atest to that! i felt like a WARRIOR the next couple days! say, what kinds of depletion work outs do you guys do? just curious...

Monday: Legs:

Squats 3x8
SLDL 3x8
Donkey Calf Extensions 3x12
Glute Ham Raise 3x8

Tuesday: Upper Body

Seated BB Military 3x8
BB Shrugs 3x8
BB Rows 3x8
Dips 3xfailure
BB Drag Curls 3x8

This should have me pretty much depleted

Friday: Full Body

Squats 3x8
Deadlifts 3x6
Seated BB Military 3x8
Donkey Calf Extension 3x12
Dips 3xfailure

i have problem finding foods....=(
i changed from the nuts and gonna drop the peanutbutter since a want something thats more volume....i got bacon on my mind and the pepperoni sausuge...but what more?

i have problem finding foods....=(
i changed from the nuts and gonna drop the peanutbutter since a want something thats more volume....i got bacon on my mind and the pepperoni sausuge...but what more?

I eat pretty much the same things everyday. The key that i've found for volume is basing everything on a ton of broccoli and mushrooms.

So right now i'm eating steak and bacon over broccoli and mushrooms with cheese and caesar dressing.

Yesterday it was the same thing except replace the steak and bacon with salmon.

Last night? Same thing, except it was steak and feta on top.

With all of the broccoli i stay full.

i also eat mostly the same things...eggs with cheese, little caesar salads, steak, etc...

penaut butter in the middle of the night...

i do need to up the veggies tho. do you guys feel like you lose faster when you do alot of veg?

hey onebreath...you ever hurt of this type of diet making one more prone to developing kidney stones?

man i feel good.
starting to look good now when my water is gone down a little bit....2-3 weeks more and ill be shredded.
the only problem is that in my postworkout meal there will be 7 g of fat whit my 20 grams of protein...should i change it up or do u guys think i can get away whit it?

Veggies...hmmm. I'm experimenting with this now. This week I have eaten a ton more veggies (still under my carb range) but I am carrying more water this week. It very well could be the veggies. Experiment and see how you react. It is certainly advisable to get in as mand as you can.

Onebreath - can you give her the "list" of the best veggies to include?

hey onebreath...you ever hurt of this type of diet making one more prone to developing kidney stones?

Yes, studies have shown this as a possible side effect of staying low carb long term. Ketogenic diets are used for epileptic children and they are kept on this diet (without carbups of course) for up to 3 years at a time. All of the studies have used these (and not dieter or atheletes) as models. Their protein intake is much lower than ours so its difficult to make a good comparison.

Regardless, it's best to think of this diet as a shorter term solution. I personally would not run this for more than 12 weeks.

Here is some specific info:

There are few studies of the long term effects of a ketogenic diet. One of the few, which followed two explorers over a period of 1 year was done almost 70 years ago (1). Beyond that
study, the two models most often used to examine the effects of the ketogenic diet are the Inuit and pediatric epilepsy patients. Epileptic children have been studied extensively, and are kept in ketosis for periods up to three years. In this group, the major side effects of the ketogenic diet are
elevated blood lipids, constipation, water-soluble vitamin deficiency, increased incidence of kidney stones, growth inhibition, and acidosis during illness.

However, the pediatric epilepsy diet is not identical to the typical ketogenic diet used by dieters and healthy adults, especially in terms of protein intake, and may not provide a perfect model. While studies of epileptic children give some insight into possible long term effects of a ketogenic diet, it should be noted that there are no studies of the long-term effects of a CKD or similar diet approach. The consequences of alternating between a ketogenic and non-ketogenic metabolism are a total unknown. For this reason, it is not recommended that a CKD, or any ketogenic diet, be followed indefinitely.

Top Bottom