Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So I'm thinking about starting a CKD, i need some meal ideas.

ive just on my third day of the ckd, and feel bloated.
ive just switched from another cuttingdiet where i was standing still and bloated there as well.

my diet now, on my regular days is:
163 g mixed nuts (they are salted, maybe a problem?)
90 grams of fat cheese
80 g whey powder
200 g of lean beef
1 tunacan
2 small sallads that only includes cucumbers,lettuce and tomato
1 egg

this is about 185 g prot,150 g of fat and 20-30 g of carbs. 2100-2150 cals
my weight is about 83-84 kg.

upper 4 abs visible, but i just seem to stand still.

do u see anything wrong whit my diet?

training 5 times a week whit the weights, gonna add 20 mins of cardio after every workout session.

Kill those salted nuts! Oh yeah that's a problem. The good news is that you are probably just holding water. A few changes and you'll drop that in no time.

1. Unsalted nuts
2. Reduce the whey, 25 grams at maximum
3. Your total fat should be above your total protein. They should almost be flipflopped exactly. At my daily calorie level of 2,800 my numbers are 230gm fat 188gm protein.

Protein should only be 1 gram per pound of LBM or your bodyweight x .8 (whichever is more convenient). The rest of your calories should come from fat.

Don't worry about losing muscle, the CKD is protein sparring (or at least much more so than a carb based diet). Do the carbups correctly and you'll even put on some muscle if your training is on. I've put up 3 new PRs this week on a calorie deficit. 188gm of protein at 235 lbs seems to be fine on this diet.

Kill those salted nuts! Oh yeah that's a problem. The good news is that you are probably just holding water. A few changes and you'll drop that in no time.

1. Unsalted nuts
2. Reduce the whey, 25 grams at maximum
3. Your total fat should be above your total protein. They should almost be flipflopped exactly. At my daily calorie level of 2,800 my numbers are 230gm fat 188gm protein.

Protein should only be 1 gram per pound of LBM or your bodyweight x .8 (whichever is more convenient). The rest of your calories should come from fat.

Don't worry about losing muscle, the CKD is protein sparring (or at least much more so than a carb based diet). Do the carbups correctly and you'll even put on some muscle if your training is on. I've put up 3 new PRs this week on a calorie deficit. 188gm of protein at 235 lbs seems to be fine on this diet.

ok.

my weight right now is 185 lbs,wouldnt that be 185 g protein? and as i understood when i read about the diet ive done it right, but obiosly ive missed something.
im already down to 2100 cals after been on on a diet for 11 weeks.
185g protein=740cals 2100-740=1360cals remaining as fat cals
1360 cals divided by 9 is 151 g of fat
how do i do this!!??

help me...done this diet since sunday...have this just been a waste of time?

i dont know my bodyweight when im shredded but should i maybe start counting me as a 176 pound guy and do my proteinrequirements from there.

still have the 2100 cals a day?

as this:
2100 cals
176g protein=704cals

2100-704=1396

1396 divided by 9=155 g of fat....it all get messed up!

Last edited:
ok.
but my weight right now is 185 lbs.
thats 185 g protein. and since im already down to 2100 cals and been there for a few weeks im counting the rest of the cals like fat cals.

185g protein=740cals 2100-740=1360cals remaining as fat cals
1360 cals divided by 9 is 151 g of fat
how do i do this!!??

help me...done this diet since sunday...have this just been a waste of time?

i dont know my bodyweight when im shredded but should i maybe start counting me as a 176 pound guy and do my proteinrequirements from there.

still have the 2100 cals a day?

You want 1 gm per lb of LBM (not bodyweight) or use bodyweight x .08 (this is what i use)

Here's what i calculated for you:

Weight: 185
Maintenance: 2775 (bodyweight x 15)
Calories for fat loss: 2220 (bodyweight x 12)
Protein Grams: 148 (bodyweight x .08)
Protein Cals: 592 (protein x 4)
Fat Cals: 1628 (fat loss cals - protein cals)
Fat Grams: 181 (fat cals x 9)

Maintenance and calories for fat loss are general calculations. If you feel you need to lower cals to 2,100 then definitely do it. If you feel your real bodyweight (based on water) is lower, then rerun these calculations based on what you think that is. I wouldn't go as low as 176. Maybe 179.

And this week definitely wasn't a waste. You haven't done anything wrong and definitely haven't put on fat. You possibly have lost fat but just can't see or feel it because of that pesky water.

Hang in there bro.

thank you one breath! so, to clarify: during the KETO part of the week, i should stay below 1674 calories, and it is pretty detrimental if i go over? (thats what this fancy calculator thing says) and then it said during carb up get around 2792.

heres the other wierd thing that happened...i woke up probably 6 times last night, completely RAVENOUS. a couple times i had a teaspoon of peanut butter, a slice of meat, but what the hell?!?

grrrrrrrrrrr.

Exactly right on both the weekdays and carb up. Of course going over 30 calories or so isn't going to do anything bad. But it's best to stay within the limit.

I did the same thing last night minus the meat. I have a bad habit of getting up, wandering semi consciously to the kitchen and getting out that damn peanut butter. I probably do this 3 nights a week for a rough average of around 1,200 calories a week. I usually punish myself with extra cardio the next morning.

I hate that you did it, but it feels good to know i'm not completely insane.

ha HA! what is it about that f***ing PEANUT BUTTER? dude, i thought i was the only one. i feel better, thanks for that :)

the bitch of yesterdays calorie intake is this: i made taco meat, but im not sure what the actual calorie were because on the package of ground beef, it lists all the nutrition facts BEFORE its cooked and all the grease is drained out. so i dont know. the package said 4 ounces of meat (not very much) has 30 grams of fat and 350 calories...now, i KNOW that its way less than that after i cook it and drain off the fat. but i dont know exactly. DAMN.

indeed, today was going to be a rest day, but i changed my mind, and i will be injoying some cardio this afternoon when i get off work. i meant to go this morning, but i was tired from GETTING UP ALL NIGHT FOR PEANUT BUTTER. its the nectar of satan.

ha HA! what is it about that f***ing PEANUT BUTTER? dude, i thought i was the only one. i feel better, thanks for that :)

the bitch of yesterdays calorie intake is this: i made taco meat, but im not sure what the actual calorie were because on the package of ground beef, it lists all the nutrition facts BEFORE its cooked and all the grease is drained out. so i dont know. the package said 4 ounces of meat (not very much) has 30 grams of fat and 350 calories...now, i KNOW that its way less than that after i cook it and drain off the fat. but i dont know exactly. DAMN.

indeed, today was going to be a rest day, but i changed my mind, and i will be injoying some cardio this afternoon when i get off work. i meant to go this morning, but i was tired from GETTING UP ALL NIGHT FOR PEANUT BUTTER. its the nectar of satan.

Possibly my biggest weakness in the world is peanut butter cups. I could eat them until i puked. I think i crave the peanut butter because it gives me that slight hint of peanut butter cup delight.

Strangely i was wondering the same thing about ground beef recently. I get 80%/20% so it's a ton of fat. But how much of that fat actually makes it to my mouth? Uncooked it might be 22 grams, but i know some of that is left in the pan and then more in the plate. Tough to say. Same with bacon.

Whatever you do, don't let that little mental seed of "i didn't really get all of the calories" grow into a peanut butter feast later!

You want 1 gm per lb of LBM (not bodyweight) or use bodyweight x .08 (this is what i use)

Here's what i calculated for you:

Weight: 185
Maintenance: 2775 (bodyweight x 15)
Calories for fat loss: 2220 (bodyweight x 12)
Protein Grams: 148 (bodyweight x .08)
Protein Cals: 592 (protein x 4)
Fat Cals: 1628 (fat loss cals - protein cals)
Fat Grams: 181 (fat cals x 9)

Maintenance and calories for fat loss are general calculations. If you feel you need to lower cals to 2,100 then definitely do it. If you feel your real bodyweight (based on water) is lower, then rerun these calculations based on what you think that is. I wouldn't go as low as 176. Maybe 179.

And this week definitely wasn't a waste. You haven't done anything wrong and definitely haven't put on fat. You possibly have lost fat but just can't see or feel it because of that pesky water.

Hang in there bro.

thanks=)
gonna change the diet up for tomorrow.
i was scared i was going to be forced to jump the carb up day this saturaday.

i like to train 5 times a week thou, 2 on 1 off.
offcourse ill do my carbup days during a off day...so sometimes i may get once every 5-8 days or something.....do u think that would be a problem?

thanks=)
gonna change the diet up for tomorrow.
i was scared i was going to be forced to jump the carb up day this saturaday.

i like to train 5 times a week thou, 2 on 1 off.
offcourse ill do my carbup days during a off day...so sometimes i may get once every 5-8 days or something.....do u think that would be a problem?

No, as long as you rest on that day. Lifting weights and carbing up on the same day would be like pissing in the wind lol. That day of rest and carbing up will make those subsequent workouts insane!

No, as long as you rest on that day. Lifting weights and carbing up on the same day would be like pissing in the wind lol. That day of rest and carbing up will make those subsequent workouts insane!

i can atest to that! i felt like a WARRIOR the next couple days! say, what kinds of depletion work outs do you guys do? just curious...

Top Bottom