Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So I'm thinking about starting a CKD, i need some meal ideas.

i hear ya on the foggy head...yuk. and i feel puffy all over, even my face is swollen. im going to the gym tonight for the big upper body workout, but i think this morning im gonna go for a 2 mile-ish run, sorta kick things off...

i found it harder than i thought it would be to get back into the low carb mind set today...weird. i woke up really really wanting ceral....i decided to only do a 24 hour carb up at first, for like the first month, and see how it goes...but my dear husband is doing 48 hours...so the one day a week when hes carbin and im not might be interesting! ;)

Remember that no matter how planned out your rebound program is - you will gain weight back. This is a very event specific diet and is not meant for permanent weight loss. Certainly we can adjust slowly back into a healthy diet and keep fat gain to a minimum.

Today was back to fat and getting used to not eating so often. I'm up 2lbs as of this morning but visually I can't tell a thing. I'm still hard as ever. I think onebreath thinks I'm way too muscular ;-) I've been told I intimidate prospective clients so when this is over I need to tone it down a bit!

I started the carb up phase Friday evening with cheese pizza. Saturday consisted of:

2 bowls lucky charms, skim milk
2 bowls cinnamon toast crunch, skim milk
4 blueberry pancakes with maple syrup
2 No Pudge brownies with fat free ice cream
Apple Raisin Bagel
Turkey sandwich on honey wheat, tomato soup and french baguette to round the day off

Came in around 2320 cals and 398 carbs ( a little shy of where I should have been)

Today was back to:

2 omega 3 eggs
1 cup spinach
1 slice white cheddar
2 country sausage patties
ceasar chicken salad
7 oz steak and broccoli
4 melba toasts with 1 tsp peanut butter

- it was a hectic day and did not eat on schedule as normal - I haven't figured my cals yet but I am low for the day. This week my cals are cut back to 1550/day. (maintenance for me is 2300)

night night...

Today's leg workout was ridiculous. New PR of 305x8 on stiff leg deads. This definitely isn't a PR kind of diet. My quads were so pumped and my hams felt like they were pulsating. My legs still feel like rubber. And this was on an empty stomach. I suppose technically the energy was already in my muscles from the carbup.

Weight recap:

Last Sunday at start of diet: 236
Friday morning: 232
Sunday morning post carbup: 236
This morning: 233.8

I hope to be below 232 by Wed morning so i can get in 2 good fatburning days. I'd love to be 230 on Friday.

Carbup started friday night with lots of pizza and breadsticks.

~2 hours later: bowl of lucky charms/fruity pebbles and skim milk
~2 hours later: bowl of lucky charms/fruity pebbles and skim milk

Saturday:

~7:30 AM bowl of lucky charms/fruity pebbles and skim milk

~8:00 AM bowl of cinnamon toast crunch w/ 2 scoops cytogainer and skim milk

~8:30 AM Pancakes and syrup

(i had to get a lot in early because i have 3 hours of martial arts on saturday)

~12:30 PM bowl of lucky charms/fruity pebbles and skim milk

~2:30 PM bowl of lucky charms/fruity pebbles and skim milk

~4:30 PM Panera turkey sandwich (no cheese or mayo) french baguette, yum. I'm getting an entire baguette next sat.

~6:30 PM fat free brownie with lots of fat free icecream

~7:30 PM bowl of lucky charms/fruity pebbles and skim milk

~9:30 PM cream of wheat / 2 scoops cytogainer / skim milk

wow...this is fun :)

we did our upper body workout yesterday after noon, i can hardly lift my arms. good thing i have a desk job. it was nice to have a bunch of energy in the gym.

so heres a recap of what i ate during the carb up:

friday night: big ass bowl of pasta, cheese bread.
saturday: big ass bowl of life cereal with some extra sugar on it, rice a roni, ramen, mac n cheese, and a sandwich from subway (not in this order, and not all at the same time) fat free cookies and cream ice cream (tasted like shit--waaaay too sweet) 1 margarita :)

then sunday, back on the ol program:

3 eggs with a bit of cheese
then later, a few ounces of salmon with a bit of mayo
then came the insane upperbody workout
3 more eggs with cheese, half of an avocado
1 scoop whey protein mixed with a tbsp of all natural peanut butter, sort of tasted like a power bar :) ill definately be doing that again.
3 cups green tea

felt ok sunday night, but this morning, still an inch wider than i was last week. i do feel quite hard, esp after the upper body debauchary. holy lord. my husband is out of his mind. i think sometimes when were in the gym he forgets im a chick. he he... :)

feel fine today, have a mental image of my love handle being 10x the size they were 3 days ago. but thats why im doing this, so theyll go away...right? right?

Weight and ketosis recap :)

Start of diet: 130lbs, 13% bf
3 days later: 129lbs, small ketostix rating
5 days later: 127lbs, moderate ketostix rating
7 days later: 130lbs
8 days later: 127lbs, trace to small ketostix rating

Today's nutrition:

Meal 1:

2 omega 3 eggs
1 slice white cheddar
2 country sausage patties

29 fat, 2 carbs, 26 protein, 380 calories

Meal 2:

1 Italian sausage link with italian seasoning, 1/4 cup onions, 1/4 cup peppers
3 slices bacon
2 cups Romaine lettuce
1 tbsp Creamy Italian Dressing
1/4 cup cucumber
dried herbs on salad

30.5 fat, 7.5 carbs, 18 protein, 394 calories

Meal 3:

low carb almond bar

15 fat, 7 carbs, 3 protein, 180 calories

Meal 4:

1 cup 80/20 hamburger with taco seasoning
2 cups romaine lettuce
1/4 cup guacamole
1/3 cup tomatoes
1/4 cup cheese

-have not calculated yet

oh, ya...thanks for reminding me, ironwings. i forgot to mention i tested for ketosis this morning...i didnt think id be back in after only 36 hours or so, but i had to try....and i was right. negative. it usually takes me 2 whole days to get back in...i thought maybe id get lucky, given the insane workout, plus a 2 mile run earlier that morning.

i havent weight yet either...im not sure if i should start doing so, or just keep measuring. hmm.

should be back in ketosis by this evening. (or im going to cry).

meals for today:

just ate: 3 oz salmon
1 tbsp mayo
half avocado with a squirt or 2 of lime juice

314 cals, 5 carbs, 21 protein, 24 fat

next will be:

1.5 cups lettuce
.5 cup cheese
2 tbsp caesar dressing

400 cals, 6 carbs, 16 g protein, 37g fat

post work out:

1.5 scoops whey protein, 1 tbsp pb
293 cals, 7.5 carbs, 43 g protein, 11 g fat

then lastly,

2 eggs, .5 cup cheese

375 cals, 3 carbs, 28g protein, 29 g fat

TOTALS: 1381 calories, 19g carbs, 106g protein, 100g of fat---65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs (wow, right on the money!)

what do you guys think of that? is it a gram of protein for every lb of lean body mass, or total weight? i still havent found out what my bf % is yet...but an educated guess would be 18% (???) so that would make my lean mass...111 ish? so i ALMOST got enough protein ;)

what do you guys think is a good calorie level for me? everyone keeps throwing all these formulas at me, 10x body weight, 10x lean mass, 8x body weight, etc...what works for you guys? im perfectly happy at around 1200-1500.

thanks again, you guys, for all the help and info. hope im not a pain in the ass!

wow!!! you are a major pain in the ass mattie o... haha just kidding, can't wait for our leg workout tonight, we're gonna crawl out of the gym.. should be fun..
scotty o

hey! scott, did you hack into my ef account?! i know you have one!!!

yep, i cant wait for legs either! no puking this time, k babe?

oh, ya...thanks for reminding me, ironwings. i forgot to mention i tested for ketosis this morning...i didnt think id be back in after only 36 hours or so, but i had to try....and i was right. negative. it usually takes me 2 whole days to get back in...i thought maybe id get lucky, given the insane workout, plus a 2 mile run earlier that morning.

i havent weight yet either...im not sure if i should start doing so, or just keep measuring. hmm.

should be back in ketosis by this evening. (or im going to cry).

meals for today:

just ate: 3 oz salmon
1 tbsp mayo
half avocado with a squirt or 2 of lime juice

314 cals, 5 carbs, 21 protein, 24 fat

next will be:

1.5 cups lettuce
.5 cup cheese
2 tbsp caesar dressing

400 cals, 6 carbs, 16 g protein, 37g fat

post work out:

1.5 scoops whey protein, 1 tbsp pb
293 cals, 7.5 carbs, 43 g protein, 11 g fat

then lastly,

2 eggs, .5 cup cheese

375 cals, 3 carbs, 28g protein, 29 g fat

TOTALS: 1381 calories, 19g carbs, 106g protein, 100g of fat---65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs (wow, right on the money!)

what do you guys think of that? is it a gram of protein for every lb of lean body mass, or total weight? i still havent found out what my bf % is yet...but an educated guess would be 18% (???) so that would make my lean mass...111 ish? so i ALMOST got enough protein ;)

what do you guys think is a good calorie level for me? everyone keeps throwing all these formulas at me, 10x body weight, 10x lean mass, 8x body weight, etc...what works for you guys? im perfectly happy at around 1200-1500.

thanks again, you guys, for all the help and info. hope im not a pain in the ass!

Hey! No this is good stuff, we are all learning. Ironwing's body is really reacting well to this diet. I'm not even sure she fully left ketosis. I rarely register anymore than trace, she was in full by day 2. Then Sunday night she's in trace just 24 hours after carbing. I think she actually burned fat during the carbup. Something that is absolutely possible based on studies but normally takes a few times of trial and error to determine what foods your body reacts well to.

As far as the fat goes, studies show that if you're going to eat fat, do it in the first 4 hours of the carbup. It appears that during this time fat is still being used as the primary energy source so it's not getting stored. After that, we don't know :(

It sounds like you did everything right. The day after carbs cardio is meant to deplete your liver glycogen to start getting you back in ketosis as soon as possible. It takes most people 2 or 3 days to get back in.

For protein intake, use either 1 x LBM or .08 x weight. Since you aren't sure of BF% i would use .08 x weight.

Then for a calorie deficit use bodyweight x 12. bodyweight x 10 is a tad extreme and i think would only be used if you stalled at bodyweight x 12. However, it would be better to add more steady state cardio before dropping calories to bodyweight x 10 IMHO.

good news, my friends! went home on my lunch break, tested for ketosis...im in! woo hooooooo! only a day and a half, not to shabby!

Top Bottom