Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So I'm thinking about starting a CKD, i need some meal ideas.

yay! you guys eat like i do.

i dont do a carb up every weekend, but i do have one coming up in a few weeks...those pancakes and ice creams and lucky freaking charms sound pretty rad :)

im mostly looking forward to a 5 gallon drum of pasta. :)

i dont do a carb up every weekend, but i do have one coming up in a few weeks...those pancakes and ice creams and lucky freaking charms sound pretty rad :)

Welcome girl! We are doing the Cycular Ketosis Diet that is common in the contest prep world.

We are looking forward to this weekend! Actually tomorrow....

This morning I had to fix my son belgian waffles with syrup and strawberries. Can you imagine? I wanted a bite so bad!

Hey! welcome.

What we are working on is based on the ideas outlined in Lyle McDonald's book The Ketogenic Diet with a refeed style used by contest prep coach Skip Hill.

Cliffnotes:

Sunday - Thursday:

Daily Calories for cutting: bodyweight x 12
Daily protein intake grams: bodyweight x .08

So once the protein is calculated all remaining calories come from fat. I'm currently eating 4 meals a day and each has 47 grams of protein and 57 grams of fat.

Friday: 25-50 grams of slow release carb (such as oatmeal) 5 hours prior to workout. 2 hours prior to workout 25-50 grams of fructose (fruit or fruit juice for me)

After workout, carb refeed begins with cheat dinner.

Saturday: Total carbs will equal 8-10 grams per kg of lean body mass. For me that will be around 900 grams of carbs. Now this is where it gets fun. The foods eaten will be HIGH GI and as low fat as possible (ie, lucky charms)

The reason is to get the fastest digestion possible to throw metabolism for a big loop.

What is your refeed schedule like? Do you use ketostx to test ketosis? I imagine based on that diet i saw ealier that you aren't having any issues with staying in ketosis :)

yes, i love those little sticks. i havent had the balls to really get into the carb cycling thing...my husband has done it, and he said it was great. i probably carb up every couple months or so, usually a weekends worth. it makes me feel like CRAP, and it takes at least a week for the bloat to go away...hmm.

im also a member of a low carb forum (www.lowcarber.org) and quite a few of those folks are anit-carb cycle...but there are some on there who swear by it. i dunno, do you guys thing that ckd is the only way to get totally cut (which is what im going for) or can i just stay low carb? i only get in about 7-18 g per day...very low, and i dont subtract fiber.

my goal "deadline" is my 10 year high school reunion july 31st...i started cutting cals, changing my workouts, and doing an EC stack on april 31st, so exactly 3 months. what do you guys think?

ps: ironwings, those waffles sound pretty righteous! i know what you mean, i make my stepdaughter pasta all the time, aaaaaahhhhgggg! :)

yes, i love those little sticks. i havent had the balls to really get into the carb cycling thing...my husband has done it, and he said it was great. i probably carb up every couple months or so, usually a weekends worth. it makes me feel like CRAP, and it takes at least a week for the bloat to go away...hmm.

im also a member of a low carb forum (www.lowcarber.org) and quite a few of those folks are anit-carb cycle...but there are some on there who swear by it. i dunno, do you guys thing that ckd is the only way to get totally cut (which is what im going for) or can i just stay low carb? i only get in about 7-18 g per day...very low, and i dont subtract fiber.

my goal "deadline" is my 10 year high school reunion july 31st...i started cutting cals, changing my workouts, and doing an EC stack on april 31st, so exactly 3 months. what do you guys think?

ps: ironwings, those waffles sound pretty righteous! i know what you mean, i make my stepdaughter pasta all the time, aaaaaahhhhgggg! :)

I think refeeds are the key to getting "ripped". The reason being is that ripped assumes muscle. That you are hard, you have muscle, and your bodyfat is low. It's different than just being thin.

So if the goal is to be thin and there is no weightlifting, then refeeds wouldn't be necessary and would actually work against you perhaps.

So to get ripped we have 2 factors to consider. 1, hard muscles, and 2, continued fat loss.

So first, in order to have truly intense weight training sessions, you need muscle glycogen. When you are depleted from not having carbs, the intensity of your workouts suffer and you could even have some muscle wasting. We definitely don't want that.

Second, we need sustained fat loss. A big factor here is metabolism. Over time the body will adjust to the low carb diet and as you lower calories in an attempt to lose more fat, you metabolism will slow down. A periodic heavy refeed shocks the metabolism.

hmmm...i see where your coming from. true, i dont want to be just thin, i want to be very toned and hard bodied. i do lift quite a bit, and go very heavy. so maybe i oughtta think about this some more...how long have you two been doing ckd?

DAY 4

Meal 1:

2 omega 3 eggs
1 slices cheese
1 italian sausage link

32 fat, 3 carbs, 27 protein, 420 calories

Meal 2:

4 oz chicken
2 slices bacon
2 cups Romaine lettuce
1 tbsp Ceasar dressing
1 Low Carb wrap

19.5 fat, 7 carbs, 39 protein, 406 calories

Meal 3:

low carb almond bar

15 fat, 7 carbs, 3 protein, 180 calories

Meal 4:

Feta and Spinach stuffed chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
2 slices bacon
3 oz brocolli and carrots with butter and garlic

42 fat, 2 carbs, 38 protein, 570 calories

Totals:
108.5 fat, 19 carb, 107 protein, 1576 cals

DAY 5

Meal 1:

Atkins shake
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp flax meal

27.5 fat, 3 carbs, 23.5 protein, 390 calories
*felt bloated - blah

Meal 2:

4 oz chicken
1 slice bacon
2 leaves Romaine lettuce
1/4 cup avocado
1 slice provolone cheese
low carb tortilla
salsa

17.5 fat, 7 carbs, 39.5protein, 395.5 calories

Meal 3:

Almond bar

15 fat, 7 carbs, 3 protein, 180 calories

Meal 4:

Mushroom and Feta Flank Steak
1 tbsp parmesan oil
Salad of: Romaine lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, 2 slice bacon and 1 tbsp ceasar dressing

46 fat, 5 carbs, 44 protein, 642.5 calories

Totals:
106 fat, 26 carb, 110 protein, 1608 cals

Time for carb load day 6:

5 hours prior to final workout - 1 whole grain baguette (26 carbs)
2 hours prior to final workout - 25g carbs from orange juice

hmmm...i see where your coming from. true, i dont want to be just thin, i want to be very toned and hard bodied. i do lift quite a bit, and go very heavy. so maybe i oughtta think about this some more...how long have you two been doing ckd?

This is our first week on this protocol. Last year i did the anabolic diet for 3 months and made great progress (my avatar was taken right after I ended it).

In the anabolic diet you do a 2 day carbup. I think this might be a bit too much, at least when fatloss is the goal.

This particular protocol is very specific and even the workouts are planned around the carbload. It's meant to speed up metabolism and give you 2 killer workouts at the beginning of the week. Then the rest of the week is devoted to fat burning while in ketosis.

If you decide to start you could ease into it with a 14 day cycle. So instead of every saturday you could do it every other saturday. You could limit it to 24 hours and keep the fat as low as possible during this period.

The way you gauge how fast your metabolism is speeding up is based on how long it takes to get back to your weight after the carbup. You mentioned it took a full week. This isn't so good. Ideally you could get it down to 3 or 2 days. Then you know your metabolism is screaming.

We'll post up how saturday goes. I think it's going to be fun :)

ok, that sounds like something i could try.

you know, i didnt realize that on the carb up, it should be mainly just carbs--not fat as well. im thinking the reason it took me so long to feel normal again after my carb weekends is because i was eating fat and carbs, not to mention drinking a bunch of booze. so i wasnt doing it properly. but every other saturday might be cool.

you guys enjoy the carbs this weekend1 what are you most looking forward to? :)

Top Bottom