Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So I'm thinking about starting a CKD, i need some meal ideas.

Do you guys only recommend this CKD diet for people with lower then say 15-20% BF? and is this diet only to strictly preserve your muscle and not gain any while your losing fat?

yeah i was doing a low carb high protien diet for several months...then decided about 4 weeks ago to go at this ketosis diet very strict.....had great results...I lost about 6%bf in 4 weeks however...back started hurting and then went to doc who said had blood in urine...probably related to a small stone....doc recommended to cut protien intake by 1/3 and leave the ketosis stuff alone for awhile...have follow up visit next week...I figure i just over taxed my kidneys. NOt saying this will happen to everyone..just wanted people to know not smart to do it for long periods of time

What was your water intake like while doing this?

Do you guys only recommend this CKD diet for people with lower then say 15-20% BF? and is this diet only to strictly preserve your muscle and not gain any while your losing fat?

This diet can be used by anybody, it doesn't matter what your body fat levels are. Once you get below 10% it may take some more manipulation with cardio and nutrients taken in though....When you're in a caloric deficit you will not gain large amounts of muscle. On this diet you will preserve muscle rather than using it for fuel.

Time for a bump/mini gravedig. I started another CKD yesterday. So far so good. Feeling pretty wobbly already. I can still taste those 5 tbsp of fish oil I had 3 hours ago lol. I haven't been gotten any ketostix yet, but I'm going tomorrow to get some. 36 hours into the CKD, I doubt I'm in ketosis yet.

I haven't completely dialed in my refeed yet, but I'm pretty locked in during the week. I'm terrible with updating (I update my log like 4 times a year heh), but I'll check back in next week.

wow! WOW! it has been damn near a year since ive been in here...i just re read this whole thread.

A LOT has happened in the past year! wow, i have learned a ton. god my posts were annoying.

so i am doing a CDK again. as you can see by my avitar, i did do a bodybuilding competition (onebreath, i think i saw a post from a long time ago where you asked if i had ever considered it), and it was a great experience. nothing like 13 weeks of pure unbridled torture ;) the competition was March 27th, i began my prep Jan 2.

altho i didnt really come in here much anymore, i did continue to carb cycle, altho between the months of my last post on here and January, the whole program was less than honorable...i was always doing SOMETHING, but perhaps not always doing it RIGHT...ie, no cardio at all...taking the whole WEEK of christmas off of any sort of program...ya know.

but whatev. the competition did wonders for me, i made some REALLY good habits during that time, and now am excited to do the ol CKD again - CORRECTLY - and enjoy some recomp :) im also trying some other new things, if you poke around in the womens section, im sure youll see.

good times, good times.

so: after re reading my posts in this thread, here is what happened last time:

-low carb monday thru friday, eat a bunch of shit and probably drink a few drinks saturday and sunday
-lift 3x per week, one day for upper, one day for lower, one depletion work out, little to no cardio.

aaaaaaaand heres whats gonna happen this time:

-low carb monday thru satruday, CARB UP sunday (maybe occasionally saturday evening)

-5 days of lifting - monday back, tues chest, wed legs, thurs abs, fri arms/shoulders. (this is what ive been doing since jan, works well for me)

-1 hour of cardio every single day, in the morning on an empty stomach. remember i said i made some good habits during contest prep? this is one of them. may as well keep doing it, im used to it, and its a total mindfuck if i miss one of my am cardio sessions...plus, i got pretty friggin lean for the show, and am still only at 13% right now, and ill be damned if any unescessary fat is gonna come back on my body.

-cleaner eating: sometimes, during the low carb phase before, there were processed meats, ect..but im gonna just stick to cleaner more natural foods this time around. i have learned to love all natural pb as much as i love skippy. also, the booze: for one reason or another the thought of hard liquor GAGS me (not a bad thing) and i noticed in alot of my old posts...well, moonshine, mai thais, margaritas...ya. not happening this time. i might - MAYBE - have a glass of red wine once in a while.

-supps: going to try some new things. still researching. right now im taking the EC stack again (only becuase i have the appetite of a lumberjack), CLA, Chromium, Flax, and a Multi.

so there you have it kids. a new and improved mattie o, back in action! im gonna do this diet for a while. am i bulking or cutting? not sure yet. will i do another show? probably, it was really fun. did i feel that last time i did this diet, it worked, despite my hedonistic ways? sure. but im really looking forward to this time, see what happens when i do it 110%! plus, im in the best shape ive ever been in to start with, thanks to Novice Womens Heavyweight, so im excited to see what happens.

It looks like i'm going to be in a photoshoot with Ironwings and she's all cut to shit. So my ass has about 5 weeks to drop ~3% BF, and i don't want to lose any muscle.

So i've got my numbers calculated and i'm going to need 52 grams of protein and 62 grams of fat per meal. I'm playing around in excel and its difficult to get this ratio just right. I'm coming up with good meals but i'm always having to add 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil to hit the fat total and not mess up the protein total.

I'm not too picky so any suggestions are welcome. Also anyone who's had success with CKDs feel free to offer any general suggestions. I did the anabolic diet last year but didn't really pay close attention to the ratios. Since i'm on a tight schedule here, i want to do this thing right.

Thanks!

Egg whites have been the main portion of my diet.

Also I marinate some chicken in garlic olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning, with a little salt. I must say its pretty good.

Top Bottom