Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So I'm thinking about starting a CKD, i need some meal ideas.

man i feel good.
starting to look good now when my water is gone down a little bit....2-3 weeks more and ill be shredded.
the only problem is that in my postworkout meal there will be 7 g of fat whit my 20 grams of protein...should i change it up or do u guys think i can get away whit it?

Are you talking post workout on your low carb days? If so that's not a problem at all.

I'm glad you're getting that water off. I'm holding water just thinking about those salted peanuts you were eating :)

I can't find that tiered list. Here is a list recommended by Charles Poliquin:

Broccoli
Lettuce
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Mushrooms
Green beans
Onions
Asparagus
Cucumber
Spinach
All forms of peppers
Zucchini
Cauliflower

Pictures from last night @ 230.8 lbs. Shitty quality still. I'll try to get my camera working by end of next week.

10engj7.jpg

2q8vfkn.jpg

Looking forward to getting rid of these damn love handles!

2d7hmck.jpg

112ag3l.jpg

hey onebreath.
theres something i dont understand.

its my bodyweight*08= 66,4 kg! 143 pounds..
i now i dont weigh that little.
i weigh about 83 now whit my abs visible, i cant be that far of from my lbm. so i would guess in lbm i would weigh atleast 165 pounds.
i dont understand this...and when i count out the fat cals it all gets messed up.

plz explain again...i dont get it.
cous i know that im not 10 kg from my good shape....

i dont get this!

hey onebreath.
theres something i dont understand.

its my bodyweight*08= 66,4 kg! 143 pounds..
i now i dont weigh that little.
i weigh about 83 now whit my abs visible, i cant be that far of from my lbm. so i would guess in lbm i would weigh atleast 165 pounds.
i dont understand this...and when i count out the fat cals it all gets messed up.

plz explain again...i dont get it.
cous i know that im not 10 kg from my good shape....

i dont get this!

bodyweight x .08 is a general calculation, not extremely scientific. If you feel you need more protein then add more. I'm currently doing bodyweight x .08 and i made big PRs in the gym this week. I don't think i'm losing any muscle whatsoever, in fact i feel like i'm gaining.

Don't underestimate the anabolic effects of the carbup. We are programmed to think we need shittons of protein or our muscles are going to fall off in a day. Maybe on a carb based diet, but not a CKD.

Try not to overthink it. If it's bugging you too much, add some protein.

Yes, studies have shown this as a possible side effect of staying low carb long term. Ketogenic diets are used for epileptic children and they are kept on this diet (without carbups of course) for up to 3 years at a time. All of the studies have used these (and not dieter or atheletes) as models. Their protein intake is much lower than ours so its difficult to make a good comparison.

Regardless, it's best to think of this diet as a shorter term solution. I personally would not run this for more than 12 weeks.

Here is some specific info:

There are few studies of the long term effects of a ketogenic diet. One of the few, which followed two explorers over a period of 1 year was done almost 70 years ago (1). Beyond that
study, the two models most often used to examine the effects of the ketogenic diet are the Inuit and pediatric epilepsy patients. Epileptic children have been studied extensively, and are kept in ketosis for periods up to three years. In this group, the major side effects of the ketogenic diet are
elevated blood lipids, constipation, water-soluble vitamin deficiency, increased incidence of kidney stones, growth inhibition, and acidosis during illness.

However, the pediatric epilepsy diet is not identical to the typical ketogenic diet used by dieters and healthy adults, especially in terms of protein intake, and may not provide a perfect model. While studies of epileptic children give some insight into possible long term effects of a ketogenic diet, it should be noted that there are no studies of the long-term effects of a CKD or similar diet approach. The consequences of alternating between a ketogenic and non-ketogenic metabolism are a total unknown. For this reason, it is not recommended that a CKD, or any ketogenic diet, be followed indefinitely.

this is interesting...over a year ago before i started low carb i was having the WORST kidney problems--which did end up with me having a kidney stone (UM, OUCH! dude.) anyhoo, i was also very prone to uti's, etc...always having kidney pains...but i havent had ANY trouble with that since low carb...i dont know. maybe it was just coincidence. :)

feeling a little discouraged today, i think i can attribute that to my lovely mothly visitor (sorry guys) making my body bloated, so i cant tell if ive made even the tiniest bit of progress. plus im a hormonal lunatic. i seriously go up almost a whole pant size during this time, and its very VERY frustrating when your trying to get ripped. geez!

however, despite feeling like water ballon, lots of parts of me feel very TIGHT when i squeeze them. this i like. looking forward to a ripper workout this afternoon with scotty the body (he he) then home for some noodles! WOOT

this is interesting...over a year ago before i started low carb i was having the WORST kidney problems--which did end up with me having a kidney stone (UM, OUCH! dude.) anyhoo, i was also very prone to uti's, etc...always having kidney pains...but i havent had ANY trouble with that since low carb...i dont know. maybe it was just coincidence. :)

feeling a little discouraged today, i think i can attribute that to my lovely mothly visitor (sorry guys) making my body bloated, so i cant tell if ive made even the tiniest bit of progress. plus im a hormonal lunatic. i seriously go up almost a whole pant size during this time, and its very VERY frustrating when your trying to get ripped. geez!

however, despite feeling like water ballon, lots of parts of me feel very TIGHT when i squeeze them. this i like. looking forward to a ripper workout this afternoon with scotty the body (he he) then home for some noodles! WOOT

You nailed it. Water retention sucks because you can't see where you are. Ironwings is having the same problem right now. I think she's down in weight overall but it's not possible to see because of the water. It's frustrating!

I'm no expert of course but i understand that some forms of BC help with the monthly symptoms as well as keep them on a nice, tight schedule. Going up an entire pants size sounds rough!

Just wanted you guys to have this info. It comes from Lyle McDonald's Ketogenic Diet book:

Alcohol
Although alcohol is not represented in the above equation, having no direct effect on
ketosis, alcohol intake will have an impact on the depth of ketosis and the amount of body fat
used by the body. As discussed in chapter 4, excessive alcohol intake while in ketosis can cause
runaway acidosis to develop which is potentially very dangerous. Additionally as alcohol intake
limits how much FFA can be processed by the liver, calories from alcohol will detract from overall
fat loss.

Just wanted you guys to have this info. It comes from Lyle McDonald's Ketogenic Diet book:

Alcohol
Although alcohol is not represented in the above equation, having no direct effect on
ketosis, alcohol intake will have an impact on the depth of ketosis and the amount of body fat
used by the body. As discussed in chapter 4, excessive alcohol intake while in ketosis can cause
runaway acidosis to develop which is potentially very dangerous. Additionally as alcohol intake
limits how much FFA can be processed by the liver, calories from alcohol will detract from overall
fat loss.

Good thing i'm a reformed drunk.

Top Bottom