Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So close, but can't seem to get there.

Cipher599

Hi everybody,

I'm a 17 year old (kid) on my journey to getting that ripped lean physique. I have a decent amount of know-how when it comes to bodybuilding and things related to it.

I have been weight training for around 2 months now, I have weight trained before but then I had a massive break in the middle. I train hard, and eat hard for a month, then for 15 days, I diet. I have been training my abdominals for about 2 years now, so they are by far the most developed muscle group in my body. Oh and I'm about 5 foot 8, yea I'm short, I weigh about 62 kgs (137 lbs).

Here's the issue. I CAN'T SEEM TO LOWER BY BODY FAT AFTER A POINT. I follow an extremely high fiber, medium protein, no fat diet. I'm at a point where only my upper abs show, I have a layer of fat over my lower abs, and it is NOT going away.
Usually, I see progress every morning, it's been a good 6 days now, and I don't see even a bit of progress. I work out everyday, I lift weights, I usually do two muscle groups a day. Please help me out here, what do I do to get this little bit of fat off.
Will lifting and cardio-ing first thing in the morning make it better? Should I do low intensity cardio? Should I do low intensity cardio and High Intensity Interval training?

I am open to any idea you give me, no matter how extreme it may be, but I have to break this plateau. Just no Roids, anything natural.

If you need any more info on me or my routine, please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance
Cipher599

I think you need to have some fat in your diet.

Low fat may not work for you, it doesn't work for me, it only has my body hold onto fat.

I would also recommend that you focus on putting on more muscle rather than dieting.

It may be that ur fat is too low as tat suggests, or that u just have no ab muscles.

62kg at 5'9 is VERY LIGHT for a guy. I'm almost 10kg heavier than u and 3 inches shorter, and hardly very muscular. A friend of mine is your weight, 5'7 and doesn't have ab definition even though grabbing his stomach fat, there is less than I've ever had.

End the cut - try to bulk up at least 5 kg of LBM - and then worry about your abs.

I think you need to have some fat in your diet.

Low fat may not work for you, it doesn't work for me, it only has my body hold onto fat.

I would also recommend that you focus on putting on more muscle rather than dieting.

Also at 17 you are still growing and laying down bone tissue, dieting incorrectly could compromise your skeleton.

You may not realise it now, but osteoporosis is a terrible disease, and it is becoming more prevalent in men.

You need to eat more. If you're not eating enough, your body will hold onto fat. I know it may seem counter-intuitive, but you'll have to gain weight (muscle) before you can lose that fat. The more you eat, the faster your body will metabolize calories. By restricting calories, your body's response is to make itself as metabolically efficient as possible, to allow for longer survival.

Let me be very clear on another point: dietary fat does NOT equal body fat. Not at all. Fat gain is a result of excess energy beyond what the body burns. A low/no fat diet is unhealthy, your body needs it to function properly.

So I'm guessing I have to wait a while before attempting the lean look? I wonder why I'm this light though, I do have a decent amount of muscle on me, maybe its a racial thing? I'm Indian, maybe that has something to do with it.

Stupid question, but how many calories should I consume in a day if I want to have enough to pack size but not increase body fat?

And also, is it possible for me to grow taller? =O (Nah, I'm just kidding).

Oh and also, I used to be around 68 kgs 20 days ago, since I started the cutting cycle, I've lost about 6 kilos. It's sad, my abdominals are so well built, but they just wont show, it's kindof frustrating.

Thanks everyone for your answers, if there's anything else you can tell me that would help, please do let me know.

Thanks again.

Post up your diet bro. You absolutely need to get some fat in your diet. Olive oil, fish (like salmon and tuna but not fried crap) nuts, etc. Research healthy fats. These actually help you burn body fat.

Oh, and whatever Tatyana is almost always right on. She is the natural, dieting guru round these parts. Oh, and welcome to EF!

So I'm guessing I have to wait a while before attempting the lean look? I wonder why I'm this light though, I do have a decent amount of muscle on me, maybe its a racial thing? I'm Indian, maybe that has something to do with it.

Stupid question, but how many calories should I consume in a day if I want to have enough to pack size but not increase body fat?

And also, is it possible for me to grow taller? =O (Nah, I'm just kidding).

Oh and also, I used to be around 68 kgs 20 days ago, since I started the cutting cycle, I've lost about 6 kilos. It's sad, my abdominals are so well built, but they just wont show, it's kindof frustrating.

Thanks everyone for your answers, if there's anything else you can tell me that would help, please do let me know.

Thanks again.
Start at around 3000 calories and work from there. After a week (yes, a week! - progress is measured long term, not short), weigh yourself. If you're heavier, good, keep it going. If not, keep adjusting your cals upwards until you're gaining weight.

You're probably just working your abs with crunches...that wont develop your lower abs very well. Find a new ab workout.

6 kilos in 20 days?

Don't panic when you end the diet and are suddenly 64kg - this is merely the restocking of liver/muscle glycogen and not fat gain.

Top Bottom