Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Snacks during day

ethertek

I need some help. At school in the middle of the morning and the afternoon I need to eat some high calorie/high protein/high carb snack. Trouble is I'm in classes all day, and I don't exactly wanna whip out a jug of milk and protein in the middle of history class. I want some bar or muffin or something small to eat that has 15+ g of protein and I don't want to spend a ton of money on buying the already-made bars. WHAT CAN I MAKE MYSELF?

only thing i can think of is pre mix a protien shake with some flax oil and put it in an old all-sport bottle or something like that. what i used to do is (at work) is bring to bottles in with just the powder in it and when it was time to drink put the water in at a drinking fountain. I don't know if this is what you wanted, hope it helps bro.

Peanut butter sandwich, peanuts, cashews, etc. They're not low in fat, but it's good fat, so you can adjust your fat intake at other meals.

[This message has been edited by keiko (edited March 24, 2001).]

If fat's your little buddy, then you have a wide range of options. Trail mix (high in carbs), gorp, peanut butter and just about anything, full-fat yogurt. Just avoid white sugar. Nuts are the most portable.

I have the perfect solution for you my man... oatmeal pancakes! I had the same problem trying to figure out a way to discreetly eat during class until I found the recipe for these bad boys. Let's see if I remember...

1/2 cup instant oatmeal (uncooked)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
5 egg whites (or 2 wholes + 1 white for a skinny guy like you ;))
1 tsp. vanilla extract
cinnamon (to taste)
2 packs of Sweet 'N Lo

Mix 'em all up in your blender and cook them in a pan using Pam non-stick cooking spray(just like normal pancakes). Flip 'em when they get a littly bubbly.

Roll these bad boys up, wrap 'em up in foil, and off to class you go! Hope this helped. Later.

------------------
Strong mind in a strong body...

one easy meal is dry oatmeal with protein powder and milk in...ez

------------------
THE NORWEGIAN FREIGHT TRAIN

"Pain, is just weakness leaving your body"

"...damn you for not giving my TEST" - Metallica

"After this show i'll be fat and happy again.....If i make it to the show...." - Lee Priest

"Lets put some weight on the bar.." - Shawn Ray

"IT DOESN'T MATTER" - The Rock

"Intensity builds immensity" - Kevin Levrone

Top Bottom