Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

smoothies

juiceddreadlocks

rebuilding, getting there
Platinum
hey does anyone here ever drink smoothies from like smoothie king or some place like that?

If i miss a meal i go get a high protein one from there with some vitamins... anyone have an opinion on those places

juicedmullet said:

If i miss a meal i go get a high protein one from there with some vitamins.

high protein? from my understanding each "SCOOP" of protein they put in it, only contains like 6grams, usually they only put one scoop in, unless you request more at like $1.00 a pop.....i don't know, maybe were talking about different places...i would never use one of these shakes as a meal replacement...that's just me, and my advice.

Hmm

Some of there shakes can be good, most of the time it is just a ton of sugar some fruit, and maybe alittle protein. I have a cityblends juice bar at my gym. I actully watch them make the shakes. They have a whey powder 23grams per scoop, and post workout if i got the money I got a 50grams protein shake with a bunch of fruit and sugar. Taste great, cost like 4$. I think you might be better off with a protein bar, or a grilled chicken sandwhich then the smoothies. But they do taste good, and if you want one, go have it.

I broke my jaw in two places during a car accident (damn airbags) I leaned over in front of my wife who was driving to hold her back (damn instincts) and my face was a little to close to her steering wheel when we hit the wall. Anyway, I lived off of shakes for about 6 weeks. I was pretty weak due to medication, so my work-out was superlight. I did what I could to maintain. My one concern was getting the proper nutrition. I made a lot of home-made smoothies (Isopure protein, fruits, milk, etc..)Well a friend of mine is a manager of a smoothie king, and I got a free smoothie every day. They would make me a large 42 oz "power meal" I can't remember everything in it, it was a basic protein shake with all the sugary goodies, and my choice of two fruits. It was about 50g of protein, and I would request extra. It's a good place if you can get to know the people there who will give it to you straight, and not some h.s. kid. The same dude hooks me up with any supplements I need super cheap.

They do taste good, I'll give you that. However, they are not nearly as good for you as a meal replacement like Myoplex. And depending on where you get them and at what price, a meal replacement is cheaper. Always carry a few meal replacment packs in the car with you just in case.

juicedmullet said:
hey does anyone here ever drink smoothies from like smoothie king or some place like that?

If i miss a meal i go get a high protein one from there with some vitamins... anyone have an opinion on those places

If I'm doing a carb-up, and I want a "splurge" meal I'll goto Jumba Juice and have a protein/juice mix.

Not usual for my diet.

Mr.X

Top Bottom