Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

skipping breakfast question

roserberg1

I pretty much always skip it despite what I've been told from being young. Is it that important if I eat enough the rest of the day? And if so would a protein shake with some oats in be enough?

I like to spread my meals out throughout the day just to keep from getting starving and then really full. Basically you are just doing a version of intermittent fasting. If it is not causing you to binge eat later then I don't see a huge issue with it. I still think eating something in the AM is a good idea though. Just to get the metabolism going.

At the end of the day, the MOST important thing is your daily calorie intake and macronutrient intake at the end of the day. Meal timing is still important, but it's like 5%. Your daily totals is the most important thing.

I don't have a big appetite at breakfast either. I still consume a protein shake though.

Just think about it logically. At breakfast, you are coming off a 8-10 hour fast. Eating a high protein breakfast will prevent catabolism and get you back in a positive nitrogen balance.

Top Bottom