Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

skim milk-is half fruictose and half dextrose??what kind of sugar is milk

N

nclifter6feet6

i think im probably wrong but i would like the attention anyway because i was wondering if the sugars in milk are only glucose, or does it have some fruictose?????what are the ratios

im talking about skim milk which is 8 grams of protien and 11 grams of carbs all from sugar it says on the label thanks for your help

I believe milk is water mixed with 60% lactose, 30% casein, 10% whey and a little bit of calcium. The lactose and casein take a long time to digest, both for different reasons (lactose because of limited digestive enzymes and casein because of slowed gastric emptying).

lactose is present in milk, and is a di-saccharide (made of 2 sugars)

made of glucose and galactose

galactose is a little wierd if memory serves me right, as it replaces lost liver glycogen first, and then afterwards i think goes to fat, in a similar way to fructose. might be wrong on dat one :)

so is lactose good for muscle glycogen replenishment? does all the lactose go to muscles or what?

This is something I don't get either: I was taught that ALL carbs are broken down into glucose in the body. Is that not true? I have read in a few posts here to avoid table sugar and fructose because they turn into fat. Is that true? How? What about lactose?

all carbs and all sugars are not created equal. some sugars for example like fructose are absorbed throght a different cellular pathway and do not effect blood sugar and cause insulin to rise/or spike.

Top Bottom