Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

SIde effects of a CKD diet, is this normal?

gegl

Are these effects normal??
Started a CKD diet this week.

Monday night I was 214 this morning Im 205 and body fat up 1.5%. I am following the diet to the letter. I have aching teeth and bleeding gums, my legs feel like lead. Head aches and look very flat. Havent lost any strength though!

In trace ketosis.

Are these things normal? Will I fill back up with the carbs on Sunday?

PS The girlfriend has only lost 3 lb but has started being sick

Thanks for any advice.

ckd sides

I am a novice, but I would have to ask...Are you supplementing a basic multi vitamin/multi mineral?
I typical take 3-5Xs the RDA.

I am only in my 2nd week of CKD and I have lost atleast 10 pounds, only sides I notice is low blood sugar and bad breath. Oddly, to me, my waiste looks bigger...hmm.

Add a MVMM if you are not taking one and drink plenty of water.

Good Luck
Rugger

gegl,
You are not drinking enough water. I had a similar thing happen. The scary part was that I was dipping a lot to deal with the constipation, and I though I had mouth cancer. I was pretty f'd up for about 3 days.
Just drink water like it is going out of style, and as far as the muscle flatness is concerned, get a potassium supplement and substitute Nu-Salt(KCL) for table salt (NaCL). CKD's preferentially deplete potassium stores for whatever reason. The first week is the hardest. Good Luck!

Joe

Thanks guys, think Ive riden the storm, weight loss still at 9lb.

Trained this morning and felt OK.

In ketosis and abs are starting to show through.

Body fat is still going up though!? Have got the scales that measure BF as well. Could this be as the muscles are depleted of carbs it messes with the signal the scales send round ypur body?

One last thing, how long do people stay on this diet for?

gegl said:
it messes with the signal the scales send round ypur body?

So you have one of those electric BF% scales not calipers?

The electric ones can be thrown off greatly by all sorts of things. Ketosis being pretty duiretic of a condition would be one of them. Mabe the water acts as a carrier for the current and being in ketosis you don't hold nearly as much of it. On the other hand I can see high water rentention also screwing it up and increasing BF% readins as the water dissipitates(sp?) the current.

Top Bottom