Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should you treat sugar like fats when eating?

jojo77

I heard from people that you should eat fats with carbs. So is that the same with sugar? I know sugar is bad but if I do eat it, is it better to not eat it with carbs?

For instance, I eat my oatmeal with honey in the morning. Is that bad?

I try and limit ALL my sugar intake to <10g a day. Sometimes it's very hard to eliminate sugar as it's hidden everywhere...What I will NOT do is eat a high fat and high sugar meal. Raising insulin plus the fat will be a cause for destruction :(

Try not to look at carbs in terms of simple, complex sugar etc. Look at them in terms of GI. All you are really doing by adding honey to oatmeal is slightly elevating the GI of it. No, do not treat sugar as fat in your diet. They are totally different. Btw, only a certain circle of bodybuilders believe that combining fat and carbs is a bad thing. Most bodybuilders, sports nutritionist and dieticians will tell you the opposite. NEVER eat carbs without some fat. However, we are free to make our own choices and do what is right for us. Research, and decide for youself what you will do.

Top Bottom