Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should I be adding carbs to my diet?

emo_boy

Im trying to lose 40 pounds by June 1st ... I do cardio for 30 minutes each morning. Here is my diet:

3 scrambled eggs for breakfast

Tuna Salad for lunch
celery with creamcheese

maybe 2tbsp or so of ANPB for snack

dinner usualy includes lean chicken/steak
veggie (broccoli, cauliflower, or greanbeans - usually broccoli)
sometimes something on the side like shrimp (about 15 of them)

Should I add some carbs? Im scared because I am still in the 'Atkins' mode setting even though I am off Atkins. I am 6'0 and 260 pounds ... and I want to lose 40 lbs by June 1st. Please help me out!!

You can start by eliminating the cream cheese and the ANPB, and then slowly start to add some carbs in. Start with plain oats, sweet potatos, and brown rice. Your dinner looks good, but you can add 3/4C oats to the scrambled eggs, 2 whites, 1 whole egg. If you like eating the tuna salad for lunch, thats fine but no mayo, maybe a little bit of light mayo, and you can even get away with having a few triscuits. Just a few ideas for you to consider.

You need to add about 2-3 meals to your diet. Keeping your body filled with nutrients throughout the day will keep your metabolism high. Yes you do need to add carbs, unless your doing that CKD diet. If thats what your wanting to do, do some research on CKD and figure out a diet plan and post it for critique. If your actually doing any type of weight training, your wasting your time with that as your not eating nearly enough to maintain muscle, therefore, w/ your current diet, your burning plenty of muscle along with fat, but if you dont mind, whatever. You need to formulate a diet up to 6 meals/day, weight train at least 3 days/week, and cardio 45min 5-6 days/week.

StellarTiggy said:
Check your other post. The answer is YES. 3 eggs for breakfast is absolutely unnecessary. Change it to 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1 egg and 4 or 5 whites. You can up the oatmeal a little more if you prefer.

3 eggs = way too much fuggin' cholesterol, fat, and won't keep you satisfied for very long psychologically due to their small volume.

I always recommend 6 eggs (5 whites, 1 whole) to those just starting to get serious with dieting. There are only 17 kcals per egg white, which is nothing, and there is close to 4 gms of protein, one of the best foods you can eat while trying to lose weight. 3 eggs is just not enough, you can easily eat 6 with no problem.

Top Bottom