Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should any of these ingredients be avoided

muscelove

These are the ing. from nonfat mayo that i bought...Wondering if i should just give up on mayo all together

water
corn starch-modified
sugar
vinegar
maltodextrin
salt
Contains less that 2% of
cellulose gel
lactic acid
art. color
xanthan gum
sodium benzoate
potassium sorbate
calcuim disodium

A good, quickie guide for making mayo can be found here

http://allrecipes.com/advice/coll/all/articles/474P1.asp

When you make it yourself, you can add in almost any flavor you want, annd customize it to match your meal. Personally, I would recommend adding some basil & lime, or some dill depending on what you are eating it with. Literally, the sky is the limit :)

btw, homemade mayo does not last as long as storebought. Make it is small batches.

While it certainly won't *kill* you.....moderation, as usual, is key..... I really don't think 1 tablespoon of FF Mayo will hurt your diet.....

jenscats5 said:
While it certainly won't *kill* you.....moderation, as usual, is key..... I really don't think 1 tablespoon of FF Mayo will hurt your diet.....

yep, it all comes down to what you eat throughout the day, not at a particular time. If you have room (or make room) for mayo in your diet, go for it.

What you SHOULDN'T do is leave out nutritious foods to favor not-so-good-but-ohhh-so-yummy food. Cutting is a numbers game, so you decide: Do I leave out this chicken breast to save some cals and then have some mayo/chocolate/bread?

Remember, you have your ratios to think about, so do your math

(I left all the good stuff out, I rather eat more of the same boring things than less of the yummy things)

Top Bottom