Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This should answer some questions about Protein shakes…

Slider

Any input on the best Protein/carb shake out there?

Currently I take Ultimate Rx/Gold by Ultimate Nutrition with the following breakdown below:
2-Scoops per serving aprox. 72 grams (If it makes a huge dif it has Premium Isolated Whey Protein) and Typical Amino Acids.

278Cal
37g Protein
2g Fat
28g Carbs

I like it but it’s very kind of pricy so I think I might switch but not sure what is best out there as the stores all say there shits the best?
So before buying the huge kg’s for the next few months I turn to you guys for the best advice.

Thanks again,

Slider

P.S. Everyone deserves Karma when helping a bro out when stuck making a decision.

If you know exactly what you want (composition wise) and are, like you say, going to buy a couple months worth go to;
http://www.proteinfactory.com/proteinworksheet.htm
Create your own compositional shakes with control over the ingredients.

If you just want to pickup something locally, read the labels from a company you prefer (for a price you feel is right) and just compare the nutrient profiles to your liking. There isn't a lot more to it unless you just want peoples individual recommendations.

Isopure low carb chocolate is the shiznit.

210 cals
50 grams of protein
3 grams of carbs

50% of over 20 vitamins and minerals
4.6 grams of glutamine.

Bump,
Thanks so far guys.
Cool link for making your own protein powders.

Isopure loks good but I will check it out here for med carbs for Ketosis (ALA) reasons.

Slider

Karma for all

o man, i just found a low carb shake that tastes AMAZING.
Champion Nutrition, Pure Whey: chocolate.
Hands down the best tasting shake i've ever had...
per scoop:
2g fat
4g carbs
23g protein
potassium 300 mg
sodium 160 mg
sugars 2 g

not too shabby eh? for a good tasting shake

Thanks Z.

Does anyone know the difference between types of Protein's like 'Total Isolate', 'Concentrate', bla, bla, bla...?
Which is better?

Thanks

its a purity issue, isolate is the purest whey, ussually is very low or fat-free is lactose free and very very low in carbs or even carb free (Isopure zero carb comes to mind), concentrate is still a good whey but its not as pure, ussually has more ash, lactose, fats in it.

the purer the whey the more it costs to produce so the more expensive it will be on the market

You cant beat the benefits of isopure, not the best tasting shake but with a scoop of nat peanut butter and a drop of atkins o carb sugar free low fat strawberry syrup, now your talking

therookie said:
You cant beat the benefits of isopure, not the best tasting shake but with a scoop of nat peanut butter and a drop of atkins o carb sugar free low fat strawberry syrup, now your talking

that or, 2 scoops of isopure zero carb w/1 tbl spoon of sugar free cocao powder and a serving of nuts blended with 4-5 icecubes and a cup of water

Top Bottom