Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

serious lack of energy/counting calories on the atkins????

rdhdfmn

Hey guys I just read an article about having to count calories on the atkins diet. Is this true? I am trying to understand all of the info I read so please bear with me. It said that dietary fat was used for energy first then it tapped into your fat stores. So does that mean you need to eat lean meat in order to use your own stored fat? Also it said that if you eat too much protein that it will also start breaking it down into glucose. Im a little confused. SO the atkins is not an all you can eat of high fat foods. Not that I gorge. Maybe thats why I only get so far and then I stop losing weight. I really dont eat that much. Also when I am on the atkins when I exercise it really drains me. To where I feel like I am drugged. It makes it hard to function also. Thanks for the treplies. RD

If you want all the info on it go and buy his book and read the book. Granted it's all his views on things, it will tell you more about what the diet uses and how.

~p~

Here's my experiences after being on Atkins for 7 months.

1) The type of diet is never an excuse to gourge.
2) Calories are still important. The difference is that on a diet like Atkins, most people consume less calories than they used to because fatty meats are more calorie dense.
3) Consuming more Protein than fat has a glycogen effect. I've had this happen to me a few times. Basically, all it will do is knock you out of Ketosis. It happens to me mainly when i get tuna happy :D

Pick meats that are higher in fat than protein (at least at the beginning of the diet). I probably consume 100-150 grams of fat a day and my body burns it just fine + about 1/2 to 1 lb of stored fat a week. Now, as you increase carbs you need to switch over to leaner meats. Lean meats are PERFECTLY fine, don't feel like you have to eat greasy steak, etc. I eat lots of lean meats. I "add" my fat from mayo usually. Lean turkey breast is one of my favorite meats and its probably one of the most versital ones.

I've found that the majority of the times
i've gotten knocked out of Ketosis have been times when i've let my protein intake shoot up. I could probably get away with it if i worked out on a regular basis. I need to be more disciplined with my workouts.

When i am in town and near my gym. We all work out for an hour to an hour and a half and i do fine. I usually try to eat a protein snack about an hour to 1 1/2 hours before i work out. That might help your energy levels. What i do know is that i've been doing this for near 8 months and i feel great. Some people seem to do fine on these diets and others have problems.

thanks

I am in the process of reading it at this time but I havent read anything about eating too much protein vs. fat. Thanks for your reply KW. I have read your posts on this subject and I was glad to see your reply......RD

I wish i could find my copy because i could direct you to the exact page where it talks about it but i haven't seen it in a while. I know i've had a couple of Private Messages about my experiences on the diet but my computer is down and its about to go back down again and i haven't been able to get back to anyone. Sorry about that guys. I'll try to answer what i can ASAP.

Edit: Also, one of you sent me an e-mail that i did not save, i no longer have that e-mail account so if that person sees this, please re-submit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom