Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Salad salad salad.. how much is to much

lingski

Ok, I am sure this has been covered, but searching vegetables returns a ton of info mostly on nutrition.

I have trained for years but this is the first time i have ever been this far out of shape. I am cutting so my question is this.

When cutting, how many vegetables in salads are to much. or how much lettuce, carrots, broccoli, coli-flower and so on..

I weigh out my protein usually chicken, and tuna. sometimes salad.

I use no sauce, except 1tbl sp peanut butter on leg day for a few extra calories.

I basically eat the vegetables until i am full. Sometimes it is not much. Sometimes it is a lot.

How much is to much.. for fibrous carbs. I am not talking about fructose high tomatoes or anything like that.

Thanks for reading, i know it is long winded.

I wouldn't go worrying about eating too much veg or salad unless its so much its skewing your macros/calories for the day... I ate ten meals a day all with loads of salad or veg on my last cut and it was the most successful approach I've tried yet( carb cycling)... You can get in a lot of fibre, a lot of vitamins and minerals naturally, feel more satisfied between meals etc...

As long as they are low cal high fiber/nutrients your g2g. Carrots are a bit high in the glycemic index. Dont eat too many of those.

According to me you are eating correct,But as we all know access of everything is bad,Salad is good for you and i am glad to know that you prefer having vegetables Avoid too much of anything that is all.

Thats why i asked. I would normally agree. But as i said, no high fructose, and no sauce except peanut butter if i use a chicken breast or something after i lift heavy.

Hi Lingski

I'd echo what's already been said by the others. Mattjs mentions the macro ratio...

I understand you're getting plenty of fibrous, nutritious food and plenty of protein in your diet and that's good. My only concern is that in my mind's eye I can't see where you're getting enough fats from.
Are you using any sort of oil dressing for the meals? I'd urge you to supplement Omega3 and splash a bit of Olive Oil or a polyunsaturated oil on your veggies/salad. Believe it or not, besides the fact we need some fat in our body's for general health, monounsaturated and polunsaturated oils, actually assist in fat burning and glycogen sparing (hence more energy to burn fat cells in training).

Apart from the fat aspect, if you're not suffering from any stomach complaints and indigestion, keep doing what you're doing. If only more of us (me included sometimes) ate more of what you consume, we'd all be better nick.

Best of luck!

Craig

Top Bottom