Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

[Routine needs checking]Just returning from a long stint out

Reedsey

Gather this might not be the best place to ask but here we go. I'll be as concise as possible:

Came on here a few years back when I was BB and thought the community was much better than the other sites.

5'10

~10.5 Stone/70KG/145lbs

25 Y/o

Haven't worked out for almost 2 years. (until last week)

Just quit smoking and started to get my diet back on track quite well. (I don't drink alcohol)

Basically doing the following at the moment:

Push ups/Sit-ups/Pull-ups/Squat variations/Dips/jogging

Now as simple as that stuff is, still takes 25-30 mins to work out and gets me tired.

I'm looking to of course attain to the stereotypical size of a bodybuilder. Given my height and weight, I'd like to consider Calisthenics for a while and see how big my arms can get/chest can get.

What do you guys think of that statement?

I have plenty of free weights indoors and even a bench and squat rack etc... so I can have a little fun getting creative with working out.

Aim:
13 Stone which means adding 2.5 stone to myself. Given my body burns calories quicker than petrol to a flame, I do eat like a heathen so I have no quarms getting there -but would like to do so in the best fashion possible.

Aim: Fitness is crucial and I'd like to be able to have full control of my bodyweight - IS THIS something which interferes with free weights? ie - can I do heavy lifting and expect to be able to flagpole hold?

I have no idea what real persons body type I would like really... I guess it'd be along the lines of ?? Someone who is pretty bulky but more ripped - very agile, fit and able to fight for a long time.

If I think of it, cartoon character Goku is almost a prime example. lol

Bed time now, Hopefully I wake up to some glorious replies.

first off stopping smoking and alcohol is a great first step in reaching fitness goals. the next thing is eating a proper diet and putting together a workout routine. i really encourage people to access a gym, because not only is there a ton of exercises you can do there, but also you have peer pressure and a nice environment.

if you are new to training then i like a 5X5 workout routine. that is picking 5 compound movements and hitting them. that is how i started when i was younger and i improved very quickly

as far as diet I am a big fan of carb cycling. low carbs on low exercise days.. then upping carbs on workout days.. i've been doing that for years and years and it never lets me down

Great job getting back into the lifestyle. I would track what you eat. You say you eat a lot of food and metabolism is fast so we really need to put real numbers to this statement. Start simple as Steve says wit something like a 5x5. You will see great results from compound movements. Just make sure you are eating lean protein, eggs, complex carbs, good fats, and lots of veggies.

Bodyweight training is good for athleticism but it isn't optimal for the goals of building muscle and burning body fat. You aren't able to really stimulate and sculpt the muscle with just body weight movements in the same way that you can with free weights.

I post all my daily workouts in this thread here: https://www.elitefitness.com/forum/anabolic-steroids/muskate-s-daily-workouts-log-1486295.html
The amount of volume I do in my workouts would be too much for you but you can use the workout templates as a base for your own workouts.

Diet is everything. Here are two great articles for you on getting back into the gym after a lay off and grocery shopping for the athlete:
https://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/bodybuilding-blog/2015/02/24/getting-back-gym-lay/
https://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/b...timate-grocery-shopping-list-serious-athlete/

Have to agree with the boys - if you want to get some size, get on a strength programme first, with a good, clean diet and caloric surplus.

Bodyweight exercises will get you athletic, but nothing close to buff or jacked

Thank you all.

I remember you Steve from a few years ago, when I was on a Test-E cycle.

Yeah I used to do the 5x5 religiously, eventually moving on to the Reg Park routines.

I have lots of weighted clothing, so using this would hopefully help build some of the bulk + Muscle memory (myth no myth?)

Just so you know guys - I'm looking for a fighters physique.

The bulk/mass doesn't have to be BB extents (my bad if it came across like that).

I'm looking to get to 13 stone as well as possible - but I want to maintain my acceleration, top speed (running) as I also play soccer.

The fighting physique should really consist of :

Lots of strength

Immense fitness

Ok, Somewhat big muscles (Those gymnasts have amazingly sized arms)

What'yall think?

Just so you know guys - I'm looking for a fighters physique.

The bulk/mass doesn't have to be BB extents (my bad if it came across like that).

I'm looking to get to 13 stone as well as possible - but I want to maintain my acceleration, top speed (running) as I also play soccer.

The fighting physique should really consist of :

Lots of strength

Immense fitness

Ok, Somewhat big muscles (Those gymnasts have amazingly sized arms)

What'yall think?

the problem with wanting a certain physique is you may not have that particular genetics to achieve that. your best option is to look the best that YOU can be instead of wanting to look like other people.

if you eat good, train efficient, and get your mind in on your goal you will give you the best chance to achieve it

i really wish there was a simple cookie cutter solution for you, but there isn't.

Top Bottom