Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rolled oats v Steel-cut oats

|D_J^B_J|

per 100g raw weight -

Rolled oats:
366 cals
56g carbs
7.5g fat

Steel-cut oats:
391 cals
64g carbs
8.5g fat

Which do you use?

Is one better than the other?

I personally eat 2/3 cup (raw weight) of the steel-cut oats for breakfast.

You must spread some Karma around before giving it to StellarTiggy again.

I either cook my steel-cut oats in the crockpot overnight, or make oatmeal 'pancakes' with cinnamon, stevia and eggwhites.

Saves time that way :) :p

Good post, I didn't know the difference... I only see classic Oats (don't know what they are) and Instant Oats at the supermarket. While you guys have Rolled, Steamed, Steel Cuts, Abs-enhancing abs, boobs-grower oats, bio oats, trangenic oats and who knows how many more types...

For me it is only academical... DAMN the lack of options!!! :evil:

After reloading and spreading some, I will hit you both with all my raging fury.

pintoca said:
Good post, I didn't know the difference... I only see classic Oats (don't know what they are) and Instant Oats at the supermarket. While you guys have Rolled, Steamed, Steel Cuts, Abs-enhancing abs, boobs-grower oats, bio oats, trangenic oats and who knows how many more types...

For me it is only academical... DAMN the lack of options!!! :evil:

After reloading and spreading some, I will hit you both with all my raging fury.

Lmao

STEEL CUT for me too........however, dont be confused with the intial posting measured in grams as we usually measure oats in cups...........1/2 cup steel cut is about double in everything compared to 1/2 cup rolled..........

Quaker Oats old fashioned for me.

I like them and have never even seen steel cut before.
Plus I like being able to cook in micro for 3 mins. and go.
My daily breakfast is
5 egg white 1 whole egg
3/4 cup oats
2 tbsp. flax meal
1 banana
pack of splenda
salt and pepper (for the eggs)
WATER
multivitamin and a stacker 3 pill.

DUUUUDE, that is a MFing big bfast!!! I have my breafast at 7:00 am: 3/4 cup oats, 300 ml skimmed milk, 1 tbsp flax... then at 10:00 am, 1 chicken breast and 1 slice whole wheat bread...

I feel like a squirrel...

pintoca said:
DUUUUDE, that is a MFing big bfast!!! I have my breafast at 7:00 am: 3/4 cup oats, 300 ml skimmed milk, 1 tbsp flax... then at 10:00 am, 1 chicken breast and 1 slice whole wheat bread...

I feel like a squirrel...

Dude, it's only about 500 or so calories, I think you may have my flax meal confused with flax oil. The 2 tbsp of flax meal only have 60 cals total.

eggs 150
oatmeal 225
flax meal 60
banana 100
total 535
Your breakfast would seem to add up to about 460 cals.
Not much of a difference other than mine obviously taste a hell of a lot better ;)

JKurz1 said:
STEEL CUT for me too........however, dont be confused with the intial posting measured in grams as we usually measure oats in cups...........1/2 cup steel cut is about double in everything compared to 1/2 cup rolled..........

I have always wondered, when people say 'one cup of oats', do they mean one COOKED cup or one UNCOOKED cup??

That's why I measure my steel-cut oats in grams. I weigh 100g, which according to the packet is 400KCal. 100g of raw steel-cut oats is about 2/3 of a cup.

I first measure then transfer to cups... always uncooked, trusting cups, tbps, etc. don't cut it for me... I live by the scale...

Top Bottom