Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rice vs potatoes in soup

Ynaivio

When cooking a soup, what would you add as a source of carbs for the role of a filler – rice, or potatoes? I know that some healthy carbs are ok, and I think that those are the most healthy.

I would rather add rice. Potatoes increase in glycemic index as you cook them. They are one of those products that get more and more glycemic as you cook them more and more. In fact, the more raw the potatoes, the healthier they are. This is not the case with rice. Just make sure to put little rice there, as it will suck in all the water, and your soup will not be a soup anymore )

Either is fine. I would do both. Rice one week, potatoes the next week. That way you get the greatest variety of nutrients.

Try adding sweet potato and squat to your soup as well. Both have a very low glycemic index and are full of the antioxidant beta carotene.

I will try to find sweet potato, but I have not seen it being sold here where I live. In such case both it will be! ) What else do you like to put into the soup?

Just go with whichever one you like. You can really add any veggies you want. Also a good lean meat like chicken would be a solid ingredient. I like to use hot sauce too as a spice.

I will try to find sweet potato, but I have not seen it being sold here where I live. In such case both it will be! ) What else do you like to put into the soup?

Squash and pumpkin are delicious and in the same family as sweet potatoes. Try adding those into your soup!

Top Bottom