Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

revised meal plan...please critique...(weight loss)

arejay

well...i'm trying to drop about 82lbs...im 282.2, and i want to be 200...after posting once already (with little response) and some research, I have come up with a meal plan (and variations thereof) and I would like some feedback...

Meal Plan
------------------------------------
5:30AM - 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1tbsp flax oil, 2 slices whole wheat toast, protein shake w/ 8oz skim milk, and 16oz water.
8:30AM - protein bar (homemade or packaged)
11:30 - yogurt? maybe a fruit as well...
2:00PM - turkey, chicken, with salad etc. (real lunch)
5:00PM - pre-workout meal - salad, 6oz ground beef w/ (sweet potato, brown rice maybe?)
5:30PM/6:00PM - Workout...approx 1.5hr-2hr total including cardio...
7:30/8:00PM - post-workout meal - protein shake, what do i eat now? (this is where i get confused)

Will this work for me? and what changes could I make to improve? I get confused in the pre and post workout meals...Again, I'm trying to lose weight, so im working with cutting calories, or atleast burning more...What my main goal right now is to go shopping sunday and get enough of everything to last me the week (atleast) so i can setup my day's meals without error...please, any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

my meal variations would just basically be swapping ground beef, for chicken, or vice versa, maybe trading off a potato for something else etc...

Usually you would mix an whole egg when having 5-6 whites.. but im sure in the morning can be an exception.
Make sure the yoghurt is a non-fat or a 1% fat variant, as normal yoghurts have there contents of white sugar.
For the lunch, try and stay away from the sliced meats as they are processed and contain stuff which you don't want in your system... 1% or non-fat variants are excepted.
post workout meal can include something like chicken breast... boiled, steamed.. with some green veggies (broccoli, green peas) on the side..
good luck with the diet..

You should shhot for a ~500cal deficit per day on average. That should give you roughly a 1lb per week weight loss...much more than this is really healthy and you'd be more prone to rebound heavily and gain it back. I'd suggest using something like Fitday.com to estimate what your daily requirements are and to track your intake. Of course diet alone isn't sufficient...cardio and weight training will help tremendously. Split your food intak up into 5-6 meals each day. Breakfast can be a bit larger since you've been fasting all night. What you have fo breakfast looks decent. Try to get most of your carbs in by mid-day. For your pre-workout meal drop the salad. You need about 30g of carbs and 15g of protein 45min before the workout. Then have a protein shake with carbs within 20min of finishing...it's a good idea to bring the shake to the gym so you have it handy immediately. About an hour after the shake you can have dinner. Use the salad here and include some chicken breast or other lean protein and a bunch of steamed veggies of your choice. I'd suggest keeping the carbs at a minimum this late at night if weight loss is your primary goal. If you really want to add something then stick with brown rice or whole wheat pasta and keep the portion relatively small.

So how about this...

5:30AM - 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1tbsp flax oil, 2 slices whole wheat toast, protein shake w/ 8oz skim milk, and 16oz water.
8:30AM - protein bar (homemade or packaged)
11:30 - yogurt? maybe a fruit as well...
2:00PM - turkey, chicken, with salad etc. (real lunch)
5:00PM - pre-workout meal - lean meat w/ (sweet potato, brown rice maybe?)
5:30PM/6:00PM - Workout...approx 1.5hr-2hr total including cardio...
post-workout shake, immediately following workout...
7:30/8:00PM - post-workout meal - lean meat, side salad, veggie (1 cup or so)

Now, I've heard there should be days where I should have "higher" carb days...? Or should I not worry about that yet, and stick to this?

arejay said:
So how about this...

Now, I've heard there should be days where I should have "higher" carb days...? Or should I not worry about that yet, and stick to this?

Reason for that is because you can trick your digestive system to go with it.. called zig zag technique.. preferably have higher carbs on a large workout day.. but keep them earlier in the day rather then late at night.

well i reckon your diet looks the goods

but my only advice would be to move that workout to the morning or atleast earlier in the day i know its hard and you prob work a morning shift or something

but yeh try workout earlier

tommymac said:
well i reckon your diet looks the goods

but my only advice would be to move that workout to the morning or atleast earlier in the day i know its hard and you prob work a morning shift or something

but yeh try workout earlier

yea, definately not possible...i start work at 7:30...BUT, i am a mailman and my route is a walking route...I walk bout 3-5 miles a day...so im constantly moving :)

arejay said:
yea, definately not possible...i start work at 7:30...BUT, i am a mailman and my route is a walking route...I walk bout 3-5 miles a day...so im constantly moving :)

Not possible, or not probable? The only hurdles you have to overcome are the ones you set in front of yourself. Having a mind set of not wanting to get up earlier in the morning to exercise before work because of whatever doesnt sound like the 110% effort figure you have been talking up around on this board. Did you know You can burn as much as 3 times the calories by doing your exercise when 1st waking, rather than doing it any other time of the day?

How about my job last year before accepting a position in Kuawit.

Truck driver for martin brower, exclusive food service carrier for mcdonalds restaurants, unloading a 900-1200 case truck. shifts range from 10 to 15 hours but averaged 11.5.

sample schedule
2:00am wake up dress for gym, stretch
2:15am 20 mins high intensity interval training (treadmill) followed by 20 mins target geart rate cardio(treadmill)
2:55am finish cardio
3:00am portion out 6 meals, prep cooler with ice for water
3:10am shower dress for work
3:30am drive to work
3:50am clock in take route deliveries
4:00pm arrive back at DC clock out go home
4:20pm dress for gym for upper body, or lower body routine
4:30pm begin workout
5:20pm finish workout
5:30pm shower, get ready for bed, surf web, check mail, hit the sack

repeat the next day.

Remember you can say whatever you want to us here, but you would only be lying to yourself.

but do you have any children? by the way your day was setup looks like you live alone and have no children...

I've got a 6 week old son here, so getting up at 2/3AM and going down for bed at 6 is not possible. I'm not sacrificing a relationship with my son for a "diet" , there's always a way. And THAT is that 110% determination you so kindly attempted to knock.

arejay said:
but do you have any children? by the way your day was setup looks like you live alone and have no children...

I've got a 6 week old son here, so getting up at 2/3AM and going down for bed at 6 is not possible. I'm not sacrificing a relationship with my son for a "diet" , there's always a way. And THAT is that 110% determination you so kindly attempted to knock.
FIRST OFF WHAT HE IS SAYING IS YOU NEED TO PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT
when you say there is allways a way there is only if you let yourself there are 10 million excuses not to change but only one excuse to change and that is your son (according to you ) now if you want to better yourself follow the advice peeople here give you alot of it is good advice ,we are not saying you have to get up at 2 in the morning and you will lose weight .all we are saying is if you can make the effort and get up (for Example) at 5 in the morning do aleast 45 min cardio in the morning and a lifting program ,(this could be done latter in the day ) ie lunch after you get off work , one hour after work , and clean up your eating habits you could lose the weight you want to

and if you think we are blowing smoke up your tail ,let me tell you i was 330 pds i am under 250 ,and this is after 7 months reading and learning from people here ,i have gone from a size 46 to a 38 waist ,witch i havent had since high school ,i have and am doing what you desire to do and it was taking in what they tell me and appliying it to my life , the advice they give is for a resion ,and all he was saying is thats whats worked for him but the bottom line is it isnt going to come off just because you wish it and it wont come off as fast as you want to if you dont try and work to do it , getting up an hour or 2 before you used to isnt that bad and going to a gym and doing cardio and lifting takes the amount of time you would have whatching tv or sipping on a cold beer ,

i am sorry if this sounds harsh but i have been there and i know what they are saying ,and you just need to read and understand they are saying you need to try and help them help you to be the person you need to be for your son ,and if you think you are hurting him now by not spending time with him
what about when he wants to ride a bike or play a sport and you cant get up or even walk ,to spend that quality time with him and a stranger teaches him for you, bet that when or if that happend you would be kicking yourself in the ass

Top Bottom