Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

replacing meals

TinGrittani

it's difficult for me to consume the daily macros my body needs, I work at a foundry (iron melting) that place is hot as heel all day and when I'm expose to hit I do not get hungry at all, I feel more like having any type liquid meals like smoothies and green juices to have, because I'm losing lots of weight and feel lack of energy most of the time.

surely you can pack a steak or chicken breast with you and heat it up at work no?

You've made my day Steve! )))

But seriously, you can get a protein shake with you to drink. It can be refreshing and it is a liquid. However, keep in mind that it is a supplement, not a food replacement, so you should use it in moderation and not forget about real food.

You've made my day Steve! )))

But seriously, you can get a protein shake with you to drink. It can be refreshing and it is a liquid. However, keep in mind that it is a supplement, not a food replacement, so you should use it in moderation and not forget about real food.

Yeah it'd cook in about 2 minutes ha ha.

Eat before you go, drink shakes etc during, eat right after.

I used to be like you and struggled to consume 3k cals. I am currently bulking on 4600 cals with no issues, here are some tips that helped me!

Try and stick to very dense foods, so you get more calories out of what you can eat! here is a specific list of what has worked for me!

Protein - Drinking raw egg whites (much easier to consume than a chicken breast, especially when eating a cup of brown rice with it!), protein powder

Carbs - Baby food ground brown rice in shakes, ground up oats in shakes, or simply eating liquid protein (As listed above) to leave room for more carbs.

Fats - Olive oil/mct oil/ avocado oil/ other oils (I get 60g fat a day from different oils like olive oil and mct oil which is 80% of my fats or 540 calories), peanut butter (not as good as oils),

When bulking, every night before bed I prepare a shake of 40g protein powder, 20g fats from olive oil, and no carbs. I keep this on my bedside table and drink it when I wake up late at night, this gets in an easy 340 calories (or more with more oil).

I consume the majority of my protein in powder or liquid raw egg whites (pasteurized for safety) so that I can consume large servings of carbs with the meal, such as a cup of brown rice!

Stick to "Fast carbs" such as white bagels post workout, they are more beneficial at this time and easier to get down, I can more easily eat 3 bagels (180g carbs) then I can 1 cup brown rice (140g carbs).

I hope these tips help you out a bit!

Nothing wrong with using a shake as a "supplement" to your diet. Just focus on getting as much of your food from whole clean foods and fill in the gaps where necessary.

A high quality whey protein isolate + greens powder + almonds + plain brown rice cakes

That is my go to meal replacement whenever I am in a pinch. Easy, quick and quality calories.

Top Bottom