Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

reinforcing my shake

michael kends

what's up guys, for some reason I feel after taking a protein shake after training is not enough to recover, I feel very exhausted all day, is there something extra I can put in my shake to reinforce it , like fruits or combine it with other supplements? thank you.

shakes don't help you recover. if anything they are what are making you more exhausted.

milk and lactose intolerance will make you feel blah. look at the ingredients in your shake, you need to be drinking a high quality one and go from there. check out what they have at n2bm

in the end your problem is likely not enough sleep, poor diet, and not enough exercise and too much stress.. typical american lifestyle

A protein shake is just protein. After your workout you want to get in protein AND carbs to replenish the depleted glycogen and amino acid levels from your workout.

Add in a carb source to your protein shake. Your recovery will be much better.

After my workout I use:
60g whey isolate
40-80g vitargo carb powder (depending on the body part I trained)
1 scoop of greens powder (antioxidants to reduce the inflammation from the workout)

You don't need to use a carb powder but I like the convince aspect of it because I can just throw everything into one shaker bottle. Instead of a carb powder, you could eat plain brown rice cakes, oatmeal etc.

You are training hard and sometimes that makes you tired. If you cant get a mid day nap then just try to get more sleep at night.

Top Bottom