Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Refrigerating Salad

Hey guys, I was thinking of making salads for lunch the night before in a batch that would last a couple of days thus saving me time. I was wondering how long a salad would last in the fridge like this?

basically it's gonna be shredded lettuce, cabbage and cucmber with bits of carrot and olives, boiled eggs and a dressing of olive oil with herbs.

Maybe i could add vinegar as a preservative?

any ideas

Don't put the dressing on the salad for storage! It won;t last as long with the dressing in the mix.

Olive Oil is gooooood without the douche juice(vinegar)lol

Yeah, don't "dress" the salad for storage. Also, try to keep moist things out of the salad like cukes, tomatoes, etc. Another way to keep lettuce is to dump it out onto paper towels & roll them up & put in a plastic bag. The paper towels will soak up the moisture.

Jenscats5- AMEN to keeping the "wet" veggies in a sep. container/place!

I have one of those Tupperware compartment type systems. It has SEVERAL compartments in it so other foods do not "mix" with one another.

Babyface... They also make those new zip lock bags made JUST for veggies. The bags have lil slots in 'em so the produce can breath and not get mushy.

Sorry, I could not resist the vinegar comment..lol

Top Bottom