Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Refeeding Question

C

Cuts

Does Refeeding to raise leptin levels only apply to low-cal, low-carb diets, or should it be used for all low calorie, fat loss diets (i.e. BFL, Iso, etc.)?

Thats a good question that im also interested in too. By common sense, i would think the more drastic and restrictive the diet, the more you refeed. Par says he does an iso diet but still refeeds every 36-48 hours due to his leaness so id imagine its a combo of body comp and diet.

I wouls also like to hear Pars thoughts on refeeds when in maintence mode or even bulking.

You should do refeeds on any diet whether it be high carb, low carb or somewhere in between. Par himself does an iso-caloric which still has 33% carbs in the diet and he refeeds every other day.

Shouldn't matter how drastic your diet is, refeed frequency relates to your bodyfat % and leptin levels. Generally the leaner you get the more you'll have to refeed but all of us are different and some may have to do more regardless. No one should be doing a "drastic" diet anyways.

When bulking you are already refeeding every day so leptin levels are high thus no reason to refeed. Perhaps in maintenance mode you could perform a refeed once a week but it would have to be a mild one to prevent fat gain over time.

Norman Bates said:
I´m feeling a little stupid, what´s the role of leptin and what is refeeding?

Basically, leptin is the global regulator or fat loss & gain, muscle loss & gain, and your BMR in general. I'd expand on it, but I'm far from an expert (that would be Par Deus). Run a search on "refeeds" and "leptin" and you'll find tons of recent threads about this topic.

I'm trying what Par does and doing the iso-caloric, 1.5/0.5 days diet/refeed cycle. Leptin levels drop in caloric deficits, regardless of macronutrient intake. I'm going to give this "experiment" a serious try, so hopefully I'll report back with good results.

Top Bottom