Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

refeeding on off days, or workout days?

This is just from personal experience but if i refeed on a non-workout day, i tend to get really lethargic and sleepy. If i start the refeed day after an intense workout, insulin in much more sensitive, and the extra carbs will be shuttled to your muscles like a sponge, Usually because of this, it is good to work you most lagging muscle part so that it gets the best recovery during low carb diets.

Refeeds on a workout day also tends to prevent the carb over-spill that many experience. I would take about 1gram of ALA per meal and keep all meals untill 5:00pm HI glycemic. try to get atleast 80g per meal. I like to eat sugery cereals with chocolate protein shake instead of milk. Again if this is after an intense workout you will replenish muscle glycogen much more efficiently. This does not pertain to a study however, its just an accurate personnal preference.

hope this helps.

good luck on the shred!

Workout days for sure, unless you're taking ECA or a similar ergogenic to fuel your workouts. (The ECA will blunt the effectiveness of the refeed, and vice versa.) Lifting increases insulin sensitivity, and overall creates a much better environment for high calorie - and high GI - feeding, where fat regain and glycogen storage is concerned. Less bloat and hangover the next day too if you refeed after a heavy workout, in my experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom