Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reduced fat Peanut Butter??

joey10j

I saw this in the supermarket aisle today, 25% less fat in the Chunky Peanut butter Jif...Question:

1) Is it ok to have this reduced fat peanut butter when cutting??
2) Also, is it ok to have canned peas, and veggies, and potatoes that are fat free when cutting. i eat canned something with my tuna or turkey all day. is this ok?? a little high in sodium but i drink alot of water.

regular peanut butter

I am cutting now, and I eat 2 tablespoons of regular (natural) peanut butter a day. It fills me up and has some protein. I think you should watch the carbs and total calories more than the fat, esp. fat from peanuts.:)

The problem with pb is not the fat, it's the sugar that most brands have. Stick with natural pb and you'll be fine.

Personally I avoid peanut butter when cutting, maintaining, and bulking (unless it's a planned cheat day).. Way too easy to over eat, next thing you know you've ate about 5 servings of it..

The "good" thing in peanut butter is its poly-unsaturated fatty acids (good fat)

So why do you want to take a reduced fat version ?

you'drather look for a reduced carbs PB

You'd be better off completely leaving peanut butter out of your diet and eat peanuts instead.. Unless you're bulking, then peanut butter could help add a sh!t load of calories..

"Natural" peanut butter seems to be the consensus. Me too. The reduced fat peanut butter caught my eye at the store too, and I noticed even though it was reduced fat it had EXACTLY the same calories! Less fat but more carbs!

Reduced my ass

Just like everyone else said, get the natural, Smuckers makes a good one. The way that the companies make the PB reduced fat is by replacing some of the oil with Corn syrup. And the hydrogenated oil that is added to "unnatural" PB is not good for you at all. This is the ONLY time I'll say NATURAL IS BETTER!!!

Top Bottom