Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

recovery

what are good recovery drinks, foods, whatever that I can take in post workout? also, when is a good time fr aprotein shake? I usually take one 30-45 mins before a workout, and I heard that if you take one after youroworkout, it isnt really helping... any thoughts?

"I heard that if you take one after youroworkout, it isnt really helping... any thoughts?"

After your workout you deffinatley need protein the faster the better (that is why whey is the ideal source as it is digested fastest). You have just broken down your muscles in a training session and you need to give it the building blocks to build them back (amino acids). However, protein alone is not all you need you also need fast digesting carbohydrates to spike your insulin and replenish glycogen stores.

ABREVIATED ANSWER:
(Fast Digesting) PROTEIN+CARBS=A MUST after a workout

who ever told you not to take a protein shake after a workout is full of shit and they don't know what they are talking about. That is the best time to take it because the muscles you worked out on that day are torn down and you need protein to help rebuild them, You should be getting atleast 40g of protein and atleast 30-50g of carbs after your workout (depending on your stats and goals ofcourse).

Top Bottom