Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Really need your help in deciding--fat or carbs

curl45

Okay, first the stats: 5"11, 183, 7-9%bf. Oh ya, 19 yrs old if that makes any difference.
I am in the process of cutting for the summer. I have cut the fat already because this has always been the diet I've used in the past to cut. I cut out almost all the fat. My buddy on the other hand seems to loose all his weight on the no/low carb diet. He eats the steaks, and all that stuff still, which I don't cus of the fat. I have'nt tried it yet, and really want to. The question I have is this: HOW MANY FAT GRAMS A DAY IS A GOOD AMOUNT WITHOUT ANY CARBS??? I am still lookin to cut down quite a bit more. I've been lookin for the answer to this question for quite a while. Anybody got some advice??
If anyone cares of the ''supplements" currently on, just ask, otherwise I don't see it being important!!

We have just about the same stats....except I'm 24.
Are you sure that you are 7-9%bf...if so why would you want to cut much more??? It's pretty tough to maintain a level much below 7%...(naturally that is). At 7-9% you should have your six pack in for sure....what are you trying to accomplish? Looks like you want to look good for the summer.

Anyways, to the advice part. You really need some fat in your diet, especially EFA's. You need it to burn it and it helps with your ability to think. You get really dumb otherwise. Bring your protein up as high as you can.....2.0 to 2.5g/lbm and then don't cut your carbs past 100-150g/day otherwise you'll have no energy. If you are going to be doing a lot of activity you can eat more, just don't eat any after 5pm. And you can probably eat upwards of 100g/fat/day as lond as most is of the unsaturated variety. Even at that it's only a 2000cal/diet and you should continue to lose weight.

You can eat steak!!!! MMMMMMmmmmmm Steak. It won't hurt you. Just stay away from simple sugars, fast food, junk food, carbonated drinks, salt. And drink a tonne of water.

Best of Luck

Thnxs Taurius. Ya, I do eat clean. I can't even remeber the last time I've had a soda or junk food!! I am eating no where near 100gms fat/day!! I would say now its closer to oh...about 20 or so. I don't worry about carbs. I"ve never worried about carbs. I guess now, I'll get about 15gms or so before morning w/o, and then another 30 or 40 post workout and thats it for the day?? Again too, is there a good actual number in regards to the amount of fat grams/day?? And yes, all the grams are mostly EFA's.
Oh ya, in regards to the bf%, I'm probably on the higher end of the 7-9%, and yes, I LOVE the ripped look and summer time!! Bring on da ladies!!!

Bring up the fat intake and you'll see a big change. That was what was holding me back.

And up your cardio. I've never seen an elite athlete, hockey, soccer, tri-athlete, sprinter witha ny body fat at all. OF course that takes 20-40 hours of cardio/week. But if you've go the time and energy go for.

Top Bottom