Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is real Butter clean???

LiftLearnLove

Do you consider real butter to be clean??

Obviously if your cutting its a no no but if your on a recomp or bulking???

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using EliteFitness

Hi LLL

In short, I'd say "no". However, like with everything in this game there is a "it depends".

1. It depends on your definition of clean.
2. It depends on what real butter is.

For me, real butter is the gorgeous tasty, salty stuff like they used to make in the 1920's. The problem with real butter in this respect is that it is saturated fat. Saturated fat is animal fat, and the same stuff you find on the skins of chicken legs; the white bits of trim on bacon; the cream in a full-fat pint of milk; and the crackling on a pork joint. Now, in reality, the average Joe probably eats far too much of the stuff. However, for diet conscious bods, like yourself, you're probably keeping so far away from saturates in your diet, that a knob or two on a slice of bread will do no harm whatsoever.

Actually, all though it amounts to very little, we do need a teeny-incy-wincy bit of saturated fat for health. So, as long as you're not consuming copious amounts of saturated fat per week, I can see no harm in a teaspoon every now and then.

Craig

Hi LLL

In short, I'd say "no". However, like with everything in this game there is a "it depends".

1. It depends on your definition of clean.
2. It depends on what real butter is.

For me, real butter is the gorgeous tasty, salty stuff like they used to make in the 1920's. The problem with real butter in this respect is that it is saturated fat. Saturated fat is animal fat, and the same stuff you find on the skins of chicken legs; the white bits of trim on bacon; the cream in a full-fat pint of milk; and the crackling on a pork joint. Now, in reality, the average Joe probably eats far too much of the stuff. However, for diet conscious bods, like yourself, you're probably keeping so far away from saturates in your diet, that a knob or two on a slice of bread will do no harm whatsoever.

Actually, all though it amounts to very little, we do need a teeny-incy-wincy bit of saturated fat for health. So, as long as you're not consuming copious amounts of saturated fat per week, I can see no harm in a teaspoon every now and then.

Craig

Thanks for the response craig...

Yeh I had equal thoughts craig I never went near real butter until I read 5 x 5 diet over in strong lifts...

He recommends real food such as real butter as this is high in saturated fat Which RAISES TESTESTERONE!!!!

Ive never seen this sort of statement and always tryed to stay away from saturates..

I would usually dismiss this but this guy knows what hes talking about...

What you think of this statement???

Maybe I should start a new thread about saturated fat and testosterone?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using EliteFitness

Hi LLL

It's hard to form any kind of conclusion on his statement, in the absence of the context of his article. When this guy talks of "real butter", I ssume he's referring to organic types, straight from the farm yard stuff.
He certainly has a point though, because lipids play an integral role in the absorbance of all manner of minerals, more especially, the fat soluble vitamins A,D,E, and K. Due to a severe lack of evidence to measure the necessary amount of lipids (unsaturated and saturated) there isn't an established RDA for them. Still, even the National Academy of Sciences - I think - recommends a maximum of 35% of energy intake should come from all fat sources, and no more than 10% should be derived from saturated and trans fats.

It makes total sense then to include at least some forms of saturated fats in the diet, and organic variants will obviously have far more benefits than refined types: cooking fats and deep fried foods. The latter often contain trans-fats, which are a chemically treated form of lipid that turns non-saturated fats to a solid at room temperature. There is a well established and proven risk that trans-fatty acids can be a risk factor heart disease. So steering away from these sources of saturates is a given.

Do saturates raise testosterone levels? Well, I think that without them, and consuming low fat diet for long periods, will likely lower testosterone levels over time. A sensible diet featuring nutritionally sourced fats and in the right amounts, will certainly raise the amounts of bioavailable testosterone by making a hormonally favourable environment. SHBG increases in people with very low dietary fats and it would make sense to think that all ranges of lipids might lower circulating SHBG and in turn make more testosterone available (not bound to SHBG).

Personally, I drink around two pints of semi-skimmed milk per day. I'm not lactose intolerant, and so it's easy for me to get my saturates from my favourite source: milk.

As I said earlier...It's all about moderation and balance.

All the best.

Craig

Top Bottom