Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reaching Ketosis Faster

Dr. E

We know that in order to reach Ketosis you must eat 0 carbs so eventually your body chews up all the glucose stored away in your body. This being said, would doing cardio in the evening (after you have eaten 0 carbs for the day) let you reach Ketosis faster by using some of this glucose up while doing cardio??

The Doc

Insulin... if not possible, then try the following supplements: chromium picolinate, ALA (I have not gotten great results w/ ALA, personally), MCT oil (no earlier then 4 hours after your last carb meal).....I really don't think there are any other supplements that help a lot. Basically, you need look for supplements that can control insulin sensitivity and help transport glucose.

Mr.X :cool:

Doc,
To answer your first question, yes, doing cardio will help lower your blood sugar and burn up the carb stores you have and get you into ketosis faster. You have to get your blood sugar down so you can deplete your liver glycogen stores, and cardio will help you do that somewhat faster.

When I did a ketonic diet, I used milk thistle extract to help my liver dump glucose and get into keotisis faster. It's got the nastiest taste! But it worked. It's good for helping maintain your liver and works well if you're hung-over, too.

I've found that using ALA speeds up the time it takes me to get into ketosis by almost half... I take 500 mgs separated over three times in a day and in 24 to 30 hours I'm in

"a couple shots of insulin + no carbs=ketosis in 5-6 hours!"

the detail of this coments shows that you know absolutely nothing on how to use insulin to drop into ketosis. if you take the usual amount of slin (10ius) a "couple" of times and eat no carbs you will most likely endup taking a long nap and never wake up.

to use this method you have to get a glucometer, take about 3iu's of slin, a couple of hours later take a glucose reading, continue this process without consuming any carbs untill your glucose is bellow 60dls, after that you can go to sleep

well EXCUSE me serge, I figured if anyone wanted the details they would email me or post the question here, I have used this method many times, and YES I used 2-3 ius at a time till I reached ketosis...but it always happened for me in LESS than 6 hours. I was only trying to be helpful

Easy fella's...

Slin will definitely get you into ketosis very quickly if used correctly. I don't think most people will want to do this though.
SO cardio will be the second best method.

Top Bottom