Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

raw eggs vs. Cooked

ajfab88

for the past week I have been eating 3 raw organic eggs..... Nutritionally, is it better than cooking eggs?????

saves time for sure

The protein isn't denatured if they're raw. Honestly, this was a pretty common practice years ago and healthy young adults shouldn't have a problem. But make damn sure they're fresh. If the yolk isn't plump, DO NOT eat them!

what nelson said is right on
people used to do this all the time back in the day
i still add raw eggs to my shake from time to time
i have heard that the chance of getting sick from raw eggs was like a million to 1
i say suckem down just make sure there fresh and look good when cracked

I eat 12 raw eggs every day. 6 at two different times. It ensures that the protein isn't denatured like Nelson said. And the risk is actually 1 in 30,000 that you will get sick. That risk doesn't change just because you eat 3 at a time. It's 1 in 30,000 for each egg.

Staying with organic or cage free eggs is your best bet especially since they don't cost that much more. They really do taste better too.

st8grad said:
I eat 12 raw eggs every day. 6 at two different times. It ensures that the protein isn't denatured like Nelson said. And the risk is actually 1 in 30,000 that you will get sick. That risk doesn't change just because you eat 3 at a time. It's 1 in 30,000 for each egg.

Staying with organic or cage free eggs is your best bet especially since they don't cost that much more. They really do taste better too.

The statistic is that 1 in 30,000 eggs may be contaminated with salmonella but that doesn't mean a contaminated egg will make you sick.

A healthy adult will have no trouble with such a small exposure. The way you get into trouble is mixing a contaminated raw egg with a carbohydrate source and giving it time to incubate. Then the exposure to salmonella can be lethal.

st8grad said:

what does it mean when protein is denatured?

instant.muscle said:
what does it mean when protein is denatured?

Here's an interesting read. Huh. I learn something every day around here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denaturation_(biochemistry)

I was always told to kill the enzyme that can limit chance of salmonella issues is to blanch the eggs in boiling water for 10 seconds. It kills the bacteria that is on the shells and just under the shell.

Top Bottom