Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

raw eggs vs. Cooked

crack the eggs open and put in microwavable cup for 10-20 seconds that'll be quick and easy enough to kill the bacteria without over cooking the eggs.

centy said:
Jesus Christ! Wow. How's your cholesterol?

Is this myth ever going to die?! No offense to you centy, but this thing about fat and cholesterol making you fat or raising cholesterol is such bullshit.

My cholesterol numbers actually improved when I upped my fat intake to well over 100g per day. I have the labs to prove it. In two months my total cholesterol went from 238 to 139. My triglycerides dropped from over 400 to 40.

This was a result of limiting my carbs to under 60g per day and raising my fat intake like I said. After that initial phase I just kept carbs under 150g per day and kept fat intake above 100.

The lower carb/high fat way of eating is SO much more beneficial to your health than you realize.

I am on 32 and my doctor wanted to put me on a STATIN. What idiot puts a 32yo on a statin drug? I am not anti pharma or anti medical, but they have this fucked up.

The guy who wrote South Beach is a fucking cardiologist for christ's sake.

Control your carbs my friend. That is the key!

Check out the men's health article what if fat isn't bad for you. Also Charles Poliquin, Johnny Bowden, Cassandra Forsythe, Jeff Volek, amongst many others. The proof is there. And don't confuse low or lower carb with ketogenic.

nydj66 said:
The statistic is that 1 in 30,000 eggs may be contaminated with salmonella but that doesn't mean a contaminated egg will make you sick.

A healthy adult will have no trouble with such a small exposure. The way you get into trouble is mixing a contaminated raw egg with a carbohydrate source and giving it time to incubate. Then the exposure to salmonella can be lethal.

Good point of clarification. Also it is rare to die from salmonella or e. coli. You may wish you were dead if infected, but rarely is it fatal. Also dosing high levels of probiotics is beneficial if there is a problem. Which there won't be.

I don't know the stat, but I would almost bet the chances of an allergic reaction from a cooked egg are higher than that of salmonella from a raw egg.

st8grad said:
Is this myth ever going to die?! No offense to you centy, but this thing about fat and cholesterol making you fat or raising cholesterol is such bullshit.

My cholesterol numbers actually improved when I upped my fat intake to well over 100g per day. I have the labs to prove it. In two months my total cholesterol went from 238 to 139. My triglycerides dropped from over 400 to 40.

This was a result of limiting my carbs to under 60g per day and raising my fat intake like I said. After that initial phase I just kept carbs under 150g per day and kept fat intake above 100.

The lower carb/high fat way of eating is SO much more beneficial to your health than you realize.

I am on 32 and my doctor wanted to put me on a STATIN. What idiot puts a 32yo on a statin drug? I am not anti pharma or anti medical, but they have this fucked up.

The guy who wrote South Beach is a fucking cardiologist for christ's sake.

Control your carbs my friend. That is the key!

Check out the men's health article what if fat isn't bad for you. Also Charles Poliquin, Johnny Bowden, Cassandra Forsythe, Jeff Volek, amongst many others. The proof is there. And don't confuse low or lower carb with ketogenic.

I agree with what you are saying - there are many factors at play. And I'm not talking about fat or carbs - just straight up cholesterol. Certainly, you and I are in better health than Jonny Sixpack. If he were to eat like you, it would probably kill him. Eggs are a great source of protein and they are low in fat. But all of that being said, a single egg yolk has ~213mg of cholesterol. A dozen eggs gives you a whopping 2,556 mg. For 'normal' people, it is recommended to keep cholesterol intake below 300mg / day. Even if you metabolize dietary cholesterol very well, this just seems like a hell of a lot. But hey - if you've got the labs to show it, go for it man. Unfortunately, I have to use egg whites. I miss my yolk.

I used to crack and separate 6-12 eggs in the morning, blend it with my oatmeal ...if I did 6 eggs I'd put a scoop of "designer" in there too & possibly a tablespoon full of ANPB

...but crackin' and separatin' eggs got f*ckin' old (especially first thing in the morning) ..so now I use powdered eggs ..WAY BETTER ..matter of fact one of best discoveries I've made!! ..I use it all day long

Why the fuck would you want to drink a glass of SNOT ??? :confused:

I eat 6 eggs a day; 4 whites, 2 whole eggs. Scrambled with salt and pepper.

I used to eat a lot of raw eggs when I was a kid.

And my first protein shakes contained a couple of raw eggs to increase protein years ago.

Top Bottom