Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

r-ALA with PWO carbs?

Whacked

Is there even a need for r-ALA at this time since you are already slin-sensitive after a workout?

What if you are slin-resistant?

thank you

To be honest r-ALA did not do anythig to me that Hemp oil and it's naturally occuring ALA in my diet didn't.

I'd say it's a no-brainer to use r-ALA PW. I don't use it everday at every carb meal because I don't think it's a miracle compound as far as staying lean goes. I use it 2x a day. I use it with my PW shake, to help get any benefit it may have as far as insulin and carb-uptake is concerned. Beyond that I may use it and do so witha carb meal, but beyond the little extra I might be lookin to get PW, I just use it more for its liver benefit and its anti-oxidant properties.

Slyder190 is correct. You do want to use it with your PW shake.

Gregory, I am interested to hear what methods you used measured the differences. Also, there is no such thing as naturally occuring ALA. Natural occuring lipoic acid IS r-ALA.

Ulter said:
Slyder190 is correct. You do want to use it with your PW shake.

Gregory, I am interested to hear what methods you used measured the differences. Also, there is no such thing as naturally occuring ALA. Natural occuring lipoic acid IS r-ALA.

you are both right.

gregory has confused alpha linoleic acid (fatty acid) found in hemp and other oils with Alpha lipoic acid

its one of the times i dont think you need it. i take it pre workout but not post workout.

after a workout your muscles cells are very insulin sensitive and your fat cells are very insulin resistant. i feel/think that adding r-ala would only help more carbs go to the fat cells

also i dont take in TONS of carbs PW

after my pW meal i start taking the r-ala again

Judo Tom said:
its one of the times i dont think you need it. i take it pre workout but not post workout.

after a workout your muscles cells are very insulin sensitive and your fat cells are very insulin resistant. i feel/think that adding r-ala would only help more carbs go to the fat cells

after my pW meal i start taking the r-ala again

That was my original line of reasoning..............Hmm

Ulter said:
If you take it pre workout you don't need to take it again. It lasts several hours.

dman im smart :)

actually i didnt know what.. thats probably why i never felt like it did much post workout cause i always take it pre workout with alcar
:p lots of alcar :p

after my PW meal i start taking the r-ala again
I agree, except I dont think you need it pre workout either. After a workout, your muscles are glycogen depleted and all the sugar you ingest will quickly be shuttled into your muscle cells without the aid of r-ala, HOWEVER i would use it for a second PW meal because it would prevent an insulin surge.

Top Bottom