Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Grain-fed eggs" vs. regular eggs

vtec96

Ok im starting to eat some more eggs and was wondering if it is worth it to get these grain fed eggs? They say they have a little less cholesterol and seem to have more O-3's.

I usually mix around 4 whites to 1 whole, and now with the whole being the grain fed ones... Are these worth the diff in price? They are about twice the price at my local shop!! Or just stick to the regular ones....;)

Last edited:
You shouldn't obsess about dietary cholesterol. However, if you choose to reduce you cholesterol intake then it is cheaper to eat fewer regular egg yolks and add a little flaxseed oil to you diet. Paying twice the price for eggs is not good economy, and as soon as you cook the eggs the majority of the omega 3's are destroted anyway.

Exactly, dont obsess about the chol. if you dont intake it, your body will simply produce it, so just take in the normal eggs.

BUT MS, I got extremely pissed off when you said that the EFAs are destroyed while cooking. I was eating whole eggs in my diet exactly for that purpose. I have understood that when you cook olive oil or flax or canola its the same, but how can you back this up(for the eggs). Is it simply because its a liquid fat coming into contact with heat? How can you prove that this breaks the EFA content???

I should more accurately say that as much as half of the EFAs may be destroyed by cooking. However I believe that microwaving you eggs results in less damage to the EFAs. So you'll still get SOME useable EFAs from cooked eggs, but it is much more cost effective to just add a little cold pressed flaxseed oil or fish oil to your diet than to pay extra for grain fed eggs.

Top Bottom