Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Big Fat Bastards" article says eat fat and not carbs on slin, exactly opposite of...

40butpumpin

...exactly opposite of everything I've read and been told. Someone please tell me I'm tired and not reading this correctly.

Big Fat Bastards and Insulin -- Part Two

Nothing in this article is intended to take the place of advice from a licensed health professional. Consult a physician before taking any medication.

In relationship to goals it would seem evident that a protocol employing the attributes of insulin would necessitate the symbiotic relationship the hormone has with macronutrients as it applies to lean muscle mass tissue.

Muscle is more than 80% protein by dry weight.
ATP is the energy currency of muscular contractions, repair, and growth.
Glucose is the prime source substrate for ATP synthesis and mandatory for proper brain and organ function (yes, that one also).
Excess blood glucose will result in excess adipose tissue accumulation.
The Protocol
Diet

When this protocol was created its intent was rapid accumulation of lean mass tissue without an increase in adipose tissue deposits. Since the foundation of the diet was structured for efficient gluconeogenic dependant upon a correct ratio and amount of amino acids, a great deal of protein was consumed daily. The most effective protein intake minimum was the equivalent of 3 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight daily divided into at least 6 meals. Using a 200 pound individual as an example it was possible to reduce this slightly by simply eating 4 whole food meals daily providing 50 grams of whole protein each and sipping on whey protein drinks in water throughout the day providing the remaining 400 grams of protein. I preferred whey protein simply because it is one of the only two drinkable products I am aware of that allows for actual hyperaminoacid response in the circulatory system. Casein, egg, and (some people still use it) soy proteins fail to clear the GI track at a rate significant enough to induce the necessary supraphysiological amino acid concentrations for the protocol. The fact that whey protein is easily oxidized by the liver should be the first clue to the reason why results are superior. By the way, the other is Human Profile by Hazardous Materials (it is nearly 100% absorbed)

So here is the kicker. Though fat intake could be quite high, total daily carbohydrate intake could not exceed 0.5 grams per 25 pounds of bodyweight daily. The reason is simple: The goal was to force the body to employ the gluconeogenic pathway as a means of energy production. Any degree of actual glycogen regeneration resulted in the body returning to the glycosis pathway which allows for adipose tissue accumulation. The reason this worked so well was simplistic in nature. The making of ATP through amino acid gluconeogenesis is very inefficient thus allowing for a huge calorie expenditure similar to what occurs during DNP utilization. During calorie expenditure the body does not store fat but it does undergo protein anabolism. When enough protein was ingested the result was always a net increase in lean body mass of 5-8 pounds by the end of a two week protocol. Not bad for an experienced beasts, huh?

NO carbs on insulin? sound dangerous to me. moreso than the usual danger. i don't see how you wouldn't go into a coma with no sugar and exogenous insulin floating around. shit, i take in 325 grams carbs in 2 hrs....and 2hrs later i crave them more when using slin. i don't get it. :confused:

THE_BIG_FED said:
NO carbs on insulin? sound dangerous to me. moreso than the usual danger. i don't see how you wouldn't go into a coma with no sugar and exogenous insulin floating around. shit, i take in 325 grams carbs in 2 hrs....and 2hrs later i crave them more when using slin. i don't get it. :confused:

Exactly. What the hell am I (and apparently we) missing here?

Someone please help to clear this up.

Ironmaster, are you out there bro?

well i guess protein is used for "fuel" or "carbs" through the glycogen pathways hence the reason for mega dose whey. whey would work well for this purpose....but i still would consider it dangerous. and of course there is no carbs to make you fat this way.

THE_BIG_FED said:
well i guess protein is used for "fuel" or "carbs" through the glycogen pathways hence the reason for mega dose whey. whey would work well for this purpose....but i still would consider it dangerous. and of course there is no carbs to make you fat this way.

But lots of fat to make you fat. Protein for fuel, yes, but only as a last resort and you have to REALLY push your body before this is going to happen.

What's bothering me is why is this exactly opposite of information that's consistent and widespread. There has to be a misunderstaning somewhere, by the reader of the above information, that is. The potential consequence of not using slin correctly is commonly known and is of course coma and death. In light of that, how could there possibly be such a difference in diet protocols.

I just don't get it.

Last edited:
40butpumpin said:

But lots of fat to make you fat. Protein for fuel, yes, but only as a last resort and you have to really push your body before this is going to happen.

But what's bothering me is why is this exactly opposite of information that's consistent and widespread. There has to be a misunderstaning somewhere, by the reader of the above information, that is.

I just don't get it.

whey is quite insulinogenic actually. quite so for a protein...so not much pushing there. but are they asking for high fat AND high protien intake? i must have missed the high fat part........too many words.....:D

Frackal said:
Someone else can fuck around with this

Not me

yeah i know. sounds like some maniacal plan of dan duchaine or something. :freak:

THE_BIG_FED said:

whey is quite insulinogenic actually. quite so for a protein...so not much pushing there. but are they asking for high fat AND high protien intake? i must have missed the high fat part........too many words.....:D

"..fat intake could be quite high.."

I have to disagree with you on the protein for fuel being an easy thing. That's a MAJOR shift in metabolic mechanisms and only happens after glucose, glucogen and fat are used up. It also kicks off cortisol to be released to make that happen which is VERY catabolic.

Someone tell me that I'm talking out my ass here and tell me why.

Top Bottom