Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quitting salt

nicoatkin

[FONT=&quot]I've turned over my salt for fresh herbs and vegetables for flovering meats and foods and wow was I missing out. My BP is down, I have striations in my triceps and sleep has improved (the better sleep is most likey lower BP).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cooking ground turkey with mushrooms, fresh garlic, fresh tomatoes, fresh peppers and zero salt makes a tastey addition to any meal. I still use canned beans but rinse them well under running water and add brown rice and a list fresh onion, garlic, peppers, mushrooms and make large skillet to feed off for days.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Allot of guys already have simular routines for food/meal preps but many new guys just need a little boost. I hope this helps.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

excess salt can cause water retention, which can cause a rise in blood pressure. it is enemy #1 to many dieticians and doctors which is very ignorant.

but the funny thing salt is not your enemy bro. it is a very important mineral and electrolyte. i would much rather you use salt on your food than use a lot of this other shit i see out there

plus blood pressure can be better solved by simply losing weight and getting into better shape

Salt is not bad. It just needs properly controlled. As resistance trained athletes we actually need more than average couch potatoes. Go too low on salt and your body will get messed up. Trust me I've been there, when I was in final days of prep. Not a good place to be. Cutting all salt completely went south within a few days and it was horrible

Sounds like you may have been getting too much, but you need sodium. Sometimes you can get enough naturally through foods. Sometimes you cant. Just have to learn your balance

Salt is definitely something you need, but unfortunately in the industrialized world, people tend to eat processed foods with extreme amounts of salt in them. This is why it is associated with ill effects.

Top Bottom