Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

questions about peanut butter

Manu

I've just bought peanut butter. I've heard about beeing a good source of fat and that it also tasted good.
I have some questions about it: in the ingredients of the one i bought it says it has crushed peanut, vegetal oil, lactic protein, wheat flour, sugar, salt and lecitin.

Is this regular composition? it is normal to have sugar?
Does peanut butter has a lot of carbs in it? or it is just residual composition?

is it good to use it in crum diet?

Thanks

Unless its natural peanut butter your not getting any of the benefits of healthy fats. The processing used in brand names like Jiffy and Peter Pan strip away and destroy the healthy fats.

The only reason i mention that is because it sounds like you bought the processed kind. All the natural peanut butters that i have had just had peanuts and salt as the ingrediants.

Regular processed peanut butter has about 15 carbs, where natty has about 7. As you found out, processed has a lot of added sugar too. Buy natty, the oil will separate from it if its real, and look at the ingredients. It should just be peanuts, or peanuts and salt.

Actually, the labels, in regards to calories, protein, fat and carbs are usually identical. The problem w/the Peter Pan, Jiffy etc. are the hydrogenated oils they add.

it seems i bought the processed kind then.
This is some brand made in holland. Pindakaas. It is has a compact look.
Thanks guys

Actually peanut better is not a very good source of "good fats"

there is almost no omega 3s in PB

but if you really want to eat PB, stick to natural PB (w/o vegetal oil, flour, sugar, salt and other preservatives)

Peanut butter with flour in it? What the...? Manu, where are you that you've never had peanut butter?

Anthrax, I think they're referring to monounsaturated fatty acids as "good fat," not the Omega-6 vs. Omega-3 thing.

Actually peanut better is not a very good source of "good fats
there is almost no omega 3s in PB
but if you really want to eat PB, stick to natural PB (w/o vegetal oil, flour, sugar, salt and other preservatives)
"

I don't really want peanut butter, i was considering taking it only because of omega 3 and omega 6. And to add variety to fat sources.

And peanut itself?

Top Bottom