Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question on Raising Metabolism (for diet gurus)

johnjohn

Hey guys, I started a CKD about 3 weeks ago, and, Lo and Behold, my progress has already grinded to a halt, and it seems I'm starting to hold on to a lot of fat after my carb-ups, but not because the carb-ups are too unstructured..i got by the book and only do 24 hours. I think my problem is that I've been dieting since about February, and started this diet around 2400 cals, which is kinda low for me (i'm 184 right now, started at 190). I think my metabolism is basically all fucked up from the extended dieting, and I'd like to post pone the CKD for awhile to try and boost my BMR. My question is, what's the best way to go about this when coming off a CKD? I know i need to raise calories a little at a time, but I don't wanna gain a ton of fat from eating carbs again. Also, should i start the new diet i wanna do right after my carb-up this weekend, or should i just avoid the carb-up and just go into my 40/30/30 diet to raise the Metab.? I'm sick of trying to diet, and then having my progress stall after a couple of weeks due to my calories being restricted too much. I've found that my body needs more than 12 or 13 X my bodyweight, and i don't know why i keep lowering them when i know it won't work. Maybe this time I'll learn. Anyways, any help would be much appreciated! I just wanna get the old thyroid humming along again, or else i might be forced to use T3 and gear! heaven forbid! haha. thx.

P.s. One more thing, I've been having all the little symptoms of Hypothyroidism, too. Feeling cold, low body temp, eye twitches, feeling tired...so i'm thinking about going to the doc and getting my blood levels tested, just to be safe :)

Last edited:
There is two variables you can change: 1) Caloric expenditure 2) Caloric intake

You don't neccessarily have to increase your calories; you can decrease your caloric expenditure instead. i.e reduce your workout volume.

If you're exercising 4-5 times a week for more than a hour a day and peforming aerobics, chances are that you are expending far too many calories, thus causing your metabolism to down-regulate to match the caloric deficit.

To promote a healthy metabolism, try to eat several small meals throughout the day. Aim for 300-400 calories per meal and try for 6 meals/day. The meals should be low in carbohydrate moderate in fat and high in protein.

Keep your workout frequency to a minimum - no more than 4 days/week. Keep intensity high and duration low. If intensity is high, there is no reason why you should be working out longer than 1 hour tops. If you're performing too much work or not taking in enough calories, additional aerobics will only promote muscle catabolism making fat loss grind to a halt.

Last edited:
If you are wanting to get off the diet for a while I would recomend that you start trading some fat for protein and then lower the fat even more and add carbs.

Yeah I think Rockaho is right. Protein is very thermogenic, and will be easier on the fat gain when you come off the CKD. You might even want to try a week or two where you swap your fat/protein around and eat, say 70% of your calories from protein and 30% from fat. Then after that keep the fat the same and gradually introduce the carbs.

yeah, the protein/fat swapping was kinda what i was thinking about, but just wasn't too sure. I'm not lifting too much right now...i'm doing the monday/tuesday workouts with the friday depletion workout, so i don't think it's too much, but i probably AM in a catabolic state due to my low calories. I think I'll give the added protein, lowered fat approach a try for a few weeks, then gradually add in some low GI carbs, with a High GI post-workout drink.
But what about for this coming weekend? should i still do the depletion workout on friday, and carb-up on friday night and all day Saturday, then switch the diet around? Also, By how much could I increase calories at a time without shocking my body into fat storage mode? 200? 300? I'd like to get my AMR up to around 3000/day, because i feel i really do need that much...my days are pretty active with working out, cardio, walking around campus, and my job, which is sometimes pretty labor intensive. Also, I'm going to do a cycle here in the next few months, and would like to be able to put on some quality muscle, so i know i'll need over 3000 calories /day to do that, So i don't wanna shock my body when I start eating that much. Thanks for the help. This shit is starting to bug me! My body loves to hang on to the fat for some reason!

I usually use the following weight training methods to boost metabolism:

1)Light squats with 50 reps or over
2) Sprints every morning

As far as diet goes, if you would like to get off CKD, then I would recommend following what MS and Rockaho said. Besically, add protein instead of fat. You will eventually be able to change things around enough, in order, to not have a rebound effect.
I would try the Isocaloric diet after a CKD (33/33/33). It was actually one of Dan Duchaine's recommendations, for people needing to get off BodyOpus.
Mr.X:cool:

Top Bottom