Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question about simple and complex carbs

brook woods

Hi everyone I'm 17 years old and I want to start lifting and get muscle mass , I'm not the most strict person when it comes to diet, I eat basically whatever my mom cooks and most of the times junk food but I'm still in shape, I want to bulk and looking for some bulking diets online they say carbs are very important for mass gains but you have to be careful and take the right carbs which are called complex carbs and stay away from simple carbs, would you give if the short list of the complex carbs so I can tell my mom what to get when she goes to the supermarket, thank you.

Sweet potatoes, oats, and brown rice are great sources of carbs. Try to eat them more in the morning and after your workout. You can easily google this information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The key when choosing carbohydrates is to choose low GI carbohydrates. Those will raise blood sugar the slowest.

For example, white rice has a much higher GI index and will raise blood sugar much faster then brown rice. White rice has the hull of the rice bran removed which makes it digest much faster. Brown rice is unprocessed and contains the whole rice grain. Brown rice contains more fibre and is slower digesting and will raise blood sugar much slower as a result.

The best carbohydrates to base your diet around are brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa, and sweet potato. Along with fruits and vegetables of course.

Top Bottom