Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about macros on a bulk

Ain't Squat

Hey guys. I am currently bulking and eating 4000 calories per day. I just wanted to get some insight as to the importance of carbs vs fat. I tend to eat high protein/highfat/low carb. Note that by low carb I don't mean any form of keto. Macro break down is generally 40P/35F/25C, so about 250g carbs per day. The fat I am eating is primarily from natty peanutbutter and steak :) . I am wondering if raising the carb intake and lowering fat will be more effective or if the difference is not totally relevant. I just make sure that I get my 4k calories a day and 350-400g protein and usually leave the rest to chance while eating clean of course. Any thoughts would be appreciated. (By the way I am "On" at the moment if that is relevant to macro breakdown.)

Thanks

It's individual actually. Personally I like carbs for myself. Your fats would be a little high for me but not much. If you like how you are gaining than just stay with it.

In general you want your carbs first thing in the morning when your glycogen stores are low and before and after workouts for energy and recovery. Anything close to bed time should be low/no carbs.

Apart from that, it's protein and total calorie intake that matter most.

Top Bottom