Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about the frozen chicken sold at Costco...

thesecondrei

You know those 5-6 pound bags of frozen chicken they sell at costco? ON the back of the bag it says 100 calories per 4 ounces of chicken, but is that 4 ounce the weight of the frozen chicken right out of the bag or after it is thawed?

I can't answer that question with any certainty. I'd guess it's the thawed weight. Only because the longer it's frozen the more ice will collect on it, thus making it heavier but not more caloricly dense.
I sure eat alot of their frozen teriyaki chicken. My bags say 130 cals per breast. If I don't like the taste of something I'm not going to eat enough of it to gain mass, and plain chicken sucks ass quick!

It is thawed man, 4 ounces of ice is 0 calories, so it wouldn't make too much sense. Plus if you get unfrozen chicken from a regular supermarket meat area, the nutrition facts are about the same per 4 ounces.

Costco tends to have a real good food scale from SALTER that I got for Christmas and LOVE.

After putting on a paper plate or paper towel and zeroing, throw on the thawed chicken and you'll know exactly how many ounces u're about to cook.

Top Bottom