Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about fasting

ellinghad

I am a pretty thin but muscular guy, but I want to fast for both religious reasons and to detoxify my body. I understand that the body will break down proteins for energy when you fast, but also fat. I only have about 8 or 9% body fat, so I was wondering how much the fast will set me back as far as muscle gain goes? I would really appreciate any help! I plan on fasting for 2 days.

Thanks, God bless, and have a Happy New Year!
-ell

you going to do a water fast or a juice fast?

huge difference. carbs will most certainly keep you from losing muscle for short periods of time, especially if you use some higher glycemic carbs (i.e. grape, carrot) and some more "varied" carbs (mixed veggie juice)

so drinking these juices will help prevent muscle loss?

what kind of juices can i use? can i buy juices from Publix?

ellinghad said:
so drinking these juices will help prevent muscle loss?

what kind of juices can i use? can i buy juices from Publix?

What is this google that you speak of?? :confused: :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about... >.<

I would just like to know how bad it would be on my muscles when I fast. Would a juice fast help that much?

carbohydrates are protein sparing

you body MUST have carbohydrates for brain and muscle functioning. If you drink, for example, orange juice and/or vegetable juice or whatever, you are getting carbohydrates in, which means your body won't need to provide carbohydrates via gluconeogenesis (protein breaking down to sugar)

so yes, drinking juice will help immensely, especially if it's only a 2-day fast

Top Bottom