Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about calories intake verse calories burned

Parthian

I am 40 pounds overweight and have been exercising alot the past week. I am eating about 700 to 750 calories a day. Mean while, I go to the gym and burn 900 calories a day (all cardio). I am only 16 and still growing, so I don't know how it'll effect that. Anyways, is this a good plan and if I am burning about 200 more calories than I am taking in, can I expect to lose weight faster?

Should I be burning more calories than that in order to lose weight?

Thanks in advance.

No. You're killing yourself. You need to calculate your basal metabolic rate in order to find out how many calories you body needs to LIVE ON (meaning breathe, walk, etc) and 750 isn't enough for ANYONE. Women go as low as 1200 and men at 1800. 750 puts your body into a starvation mode which forces you to retain your fat and eat your muscle, giving you the exact opposite to what you want to achieve. If you go below your basal metabolic rate, you SAFELY burn calories that add up each week to either 1 or 2 pounds (2 in your case). Basically, someone here will provide you with a calculator or you could google it for BMR and see how many cals you could safely consume. If you burn 900 cals with cardio then you're fine. Simply don't go over that amount of cals (Your BMR). If you burn, say, 400 cals with cardio and aren't satisfied you could cut down 500 cals from your diet MAXIMUM. Understand? MAX. Since you are 16 you need to be extremely careful. As of now, at 750 cals a day and burning 900 with cardio - you are on your way to anemia, potentially future eating disorder and a variety of other colorful diseases. Worst case scenario in anyone's case is death. The results will come quick enough. Either you have patience or suffer in the end, and if you think you won't (with your routine), we have all been through it. You will. At 40lbs overweight I am *guessing* your BMR is between 1500 - 2000.

Just calculate it and never, ever go below 1200. 1200 should be a bad day for you.

Dude, the above is EXACTLY what you need to be reading. You want about 1000calorie per day deficit. So, eat say 2000calories a day (this might be BMR and it will keep you out of starvation mode-very good) and make a 1000 calorie deficit per day. As mentioned, the 1000 calories can come from diet or cardio

wow, 750 cals/day... If I had a parakeet itr would eat more than that only in sunflower seeds...

follow the advice given in the previous 2 posts. The trick is cals in vs cals out... you need to create a deficit, but based on the CALS OUT part of the equation, not by starving yourself

Top Bottom