Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about Calories burned with Basal, Lifestyle, etc.

mormonmike

My account at Fitday.com says with the 4 main exercises I did today that I burned
Calories Burned Today
source cals % total
Total: 4495
Basal: 2371 53%
Lifestyle: 1437 32%
Activities: 686 15%

So this means I burned at least 4400 Calories? Then do I subtract what my daily caloric intake is , which is 2000 Calories. So I am burning 2400 Calories a day on my workout days? My off days would be around 2200 according to these calculations. You kind of get what I am saying?

So basically I am burning 2200-2400 Calories aday?

I would like a little better explanation on this. Thanks,

A lot of those calculations are off by a bit. I teach a class where we look at calculations vs. indirect measurement with a metabolic cart($50,000 piece of equipment) and some are really off. I found on myself that on midintensity treadmill work, I reduced how many calories I was burning by 5 calories per minute, or 300 per hour vs. the predicted amount! How much do you weigh, what kind of cardio did you do, what was your heart rate, what do you do for a living, etc. The more info you can give the better estimate I can give you. Lifestyle of 1437 sounds awfully high-do you work construction or are you a training athlete? Do you know how many calories you eat per day?

Hey Anatomywiz- Here is the info you need, please help me....

I am 17 Years Old, Weight 245 Pounds, I am 5'10"...

I eat around 1800 Calories a day

Cardio I do is Ride Bike, Shoot Hoops outside. I am gonna start doing Tae Bo..... And I weight lift......

Please give me a better estimation. thanks again

Sorry, a couple more questions-around whats your bodyfat%? How much cardio/sports do you do per day, times per week, how often do you lift weights and for how long and hard? Just a good rule of thumb for base metabolic rate is your weight x 10, then you add any calories burned from activities to this number. Are you trying to lose weight, or just wondering? Do you only eat 1,800 calories everyday, even on the days you exercise? If so your eating way to little. I only weigh in the low 180's and with a similar activity level I diet on a daily average of 2,600 calories and I'm 35. I usually figure I burn 400 calories in a weight lifting session, although I lift very intensly and heavy. I also figure I roughly burn at least 125 calories every 10 minutes of cardio, on top of my base of 2,400 calories per day which is 1,800 plus 600 for stuff. The one number that I had a problem with was the lifestyle. I assume 600 calories a day for lifestyle(walking, mowing lawn, etc.), and I'm not a lazy guy. 1,437 sounds crazy high. With this info we should be able to get in the ballpark.

I lift 3 Times a Week, about an hour. As hard as I can. I bike ride 20 miles a week, and play SHoot hoops outside 8 hours a week..... thanks for help

By the way, I am really comfortable at eating 1800 calories a day, sometimes I eat closer to 2000. But its really not hard for me...

Ok, here again we have numbers that aren't adding up well, but we will see what we can do. According to your bodyweight and exercise you should be burning around 3200 calories per day on average. How did you come up with 1800-2000 calories per day? Not knocking you but most people grossly underestimate the amount of calories they eat, and grossly overestimate the amount of exercise they do. Do you eat all proccesed foods so you can just go by the label? Are you losing weight or stable? What are your goals?

Hi, the last 2 weeks I have lost 8 Pounds, Right now I dont care anymore about the Basal stuff. I am eating no more than 1800-2000 cals a day and feeling great with lots of weight lifting, I dont want to get into all this how many cals a day. I will let scale prove that and my weight lifing performance.thanks

Top Bottom