Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PWO shake, inc question on sugars/carbs

get456

I have always just eaten straight whey protein after my workouts... Just down about 40 grams with water and off I go... then I eat my "dinner" about an hour to 90 minutes later, carbs, little fat, and protein (chix, or steak, sometimes fish)

However I keep reading about balanced PWO shakes and have decided to make an attempt.

My current shake looks liek this:
40 grams whey protein
16oz skim milk
1/2 banana
approx 1-2 tbsps ANPB

I also add around a tablespoon of chocolate syrup (my protein is chocolate so not really necessary)

my question is... should I add that syrup and its a good thing? or is it just wasted calories?
also- my protein has a good amount of maltodextrin in it and it agrees with me, i like the taste (drink with only cold water throughout the day), and it doesnt tear up my stomach...
of course my meal time would stay the same, i just want to get better nutrition into my muscles right after a workout.

is there anythign else i should add or how does that sound overall?

my goal is mainly losing bf with a slow addition of muscle.... oh and also, i live very close to the gym, so normally i consume my shake within 10 minutes of finishing my workout. I do my cardio on the morning on an empty stomach.

thanks!

Get yourself some Dextrose and take 60-70g of it with the protein immediately following your w/o. That's all you need. Oh, and water. :)

ditch the fats PWO for sure..just like the guy above me..

simple carbs +whey + water is all you need!

you mentioned that there is maltodextrin in your whey...are you taking just a protein powder supplement, or a gainer product? how much maltodextrin is there included in it?

like the above posts already stated, throw in some dextrose into the shake, and you'll be good to go. take the banana and syrup out, as they won't really be necessary, especially if you want to reduce bf... the amount of dextrose you could add varies depending on how much you're looking to slim down.

Also, sub the milk for water, as this will improve absorption time... which is critical for a PWO.

get456 said:
I have always just eaten straight whey protein after my workouts... Just down about 40 grams with water and off I go... then I eat my "dinner" about an hour to 90 minutes later, carbs, little fat, and protein (chix, or steak, sometimes fish)

However I keep reading about balanced PWO shakes and have decided to make an attempt.

My current shake looks liek this:
40 grams whey protein
16oz skim milk
1/2 banana
approx 1-2 tbsps ANPB

I also add around a tablespoon of chocolate syrup (my protein is chocolate so not really necessary)

my question is... should I add that syrup and its a good thing? or is it just wasted calories?
also- my protein has a good amount of maltodextrin in it and it agrees with me, i like the taste (drink with only cold water throughout the day), and it doesnt tear up my stomach...
of course my meal time would stay the same, i just want to get better nutrition into my muscles right after a workout.

is there anythign else i should add or how does that sound overall?

my goal is mainly losing bf with a slow addition of muscle.... oh and also, i live very close to the gym, so normally i consume my shake within 10 minutes of finishing my workout. I do my cardio on the morning on an empty stomach.

thanks!

i remember hearing something about sugar in fruit repleneshing liver glycogen moreso than muscle glycogen which is what u want so id ditch the banana for something like dextrose or gatorade, etc

Top Bottom