Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PWO Nutrition

Bonesaw

I have done 70 - 80 grams of Dextrose and 50 grams of whey 5 min after lifting, then 1 hr later a large sweet potatoe and 12 oz chicken or steak for years now. I am trying to get cut now and was wondering if I should drop the Dextrose to 40 grams and eat some oats with it? Anyone ever use Virtago(Maxie something or other)?

Bone

definetly cut down of the dex. i was taking 75g dex and 40g protein, then drop dex and noticed a difference. eat clean

peerchek said:
definetly cut down of the dex. i was taking 75g dex and 40g protein, then drop dex and noticed a difference. eat clean
Cool Thanks! Anyone think I should ad some oats?

75 gr. of dex is alot! Are you a heavyweight? Unless you do a marathon type workout(endurance for instance), you are not depleting that much glycogen anyway.

Try some milk(2 glasses have 22 gr. of simple sugars) with your whey. Keep your post workout nutrition as intact from here as long as you can. This is a very important time. I would suggest making any other calorie cuts from the rest of your day.

Lifterforlife said:
75 gr. of dex is alot! Are you a heavyweight? Unless you do a marathon type workout(endurance for instance), you are not depleting that much glycogen anyway.

Try some milk(2 glasses have 22 gr. of simple sugars) with your whey. Keep your post workout nutrition as intact from here as long as you can. This is a very important time. I would suggest making any other calorie cuts from the rest of your day.

6' 1" 240 BF% Est 14-16%. I have cut milk and breads out of my diet. I'm getting leaner just from that. I do notice after training that as soon as I drink my shake my stomach bloats out. 70-80 grams Dex is too much then?

The reason you are getting leaner as you say from cutting milk and bread is simply reduction of calories.

I would say it better to cut down on your dextrose and have something with some nutrition like milk pwo. This would also cut calories even more...2 cups of milk, 16 gr. protein, 22 carb, and 160 calories.

80 gr. of dextrose....320 empty calories. You make the choice.

****I would like to add to this that another ideal choice is simply your next scheduled meal. Take some BCAA's while training(mixed opinions on these, but this is due to the fact that folks use them for the wrong purpose, and don't SEE any gains...they are best utilized when dieting. They are metabolized directly by the muscle, so they are easily burnt for fuel. This will spare lean mass when dieting well), then go home and have your next scheduled meal. I would make this one a good protein/carb/fat meal. I am fond of mixed meals anyway. :)

I do this above when dieting for contests all the time.

Last edited:
Lifterforlife said:
The reason you are getting leaner as you say from cutting milk and bread is simply reduction of calories.

I would say it better to cut down on your dextrose and have something with some nutrition like milk pwo. This would also cut calories even more...2 cups of milk, 16 gr. protein, 22 carb, and 160 calories.

80 gr. of dextrose....320 empty calories. You make the choice.

****I would like to add to this that another ideal choice is simply your next scheduled meal. Take some BCAA's while training(mixed opinions on these, but this is due to the fact that folks use them for the wrong purpose, and don't SEE any gains...they are best utilized when dieting. They are metabolized directly by the muscle, so they are easily burnt for fuel. This will spare lean mass when dieting well), then go home and have your next scheduled meal. I would make this one a good protein/carb/fat meal. I am fond of mixed meals anyway. :)

I do this above when dieting for contests all the time.

What is the diff. between good old whey and BCAA's? Should one include BCAA's along with whey?

While whey contains BCAA's they are part of peptide bonded protein. BCAA's themselves are simply 3 amino acids, valine, leucine, and isoleucine(free form). They actually make up as much as 1/3 of muscle protein. They help reduce muscle fatigue, speed recovery, decrease the loss of other amino acids from muscle during exercise. A deficiency in any one of these aminos will cause muscle loss. And as mentioned, Unlike other amino acids, BCAA's are metabolized in the muscle and not the liver, so easily burnt for energy, which in turn will spare your lean mass by supplying exogenous BCAA's..

Top Bottom