x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Protein shakes as main source of protein.

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Protein shakes as main source of protein. within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: I was wondering if anyone had experience using protein shakes as the main source of protein other then meats?Also wondering would the gains be drastically diff?Because where im at its kinda hard to get good solid sources of protein day in day out besides the damn shakes.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Protein shakes as main source of protein.

I was wondering if anyone had experience using protein shakes as the main source of protein other then meats?Also wondering would the gains be drastically diff?Because where im at its kinda hard to get good solid sources of protein day in day out besides the damn shakes.

Da Pope

Re: Protein shakes as main source of protein.

yes. as to the difference between primarily whole foods and shakes....it varies. really depends on individual. some people cant tolerate a lot of higher protein solids, other people are not really good at digesting lots of whey or other "powder" source proteins...

there are benefits to both, though again who benefits more from what will vary.

All Natural

I have a lot of whey/oat shakes a day and have seen good gains, a lot of people slam not eating solid protein sources but from my own experices results speak for themselfs and shakes work for me.

Good Broly

75% of your protein intake should be from foods. That number isnt made up by me.

well my diet consists of 270 g protein right now and 150 g comes from WHEY .

My next diet will have 360 g protein and 200 g coming from whey .

I like the results .

Victor

Whey just isn't the same quality protein as you can get from certain solid foods. Eggs, chicken, turkey, etc

Whey protein is absorbed too quickly as well and you'd nearly need to drink it every 45 minutes. Obviously adding a fat and carb source will help slow digestion but i personally use blended proteins that have Micellar, Caseinate, Egg,etc. to give me sustained protein synthesis. I've always been told that whole foods are better than powders and for cutting that is exactly the case. You stay full longer and get phytonutrients and fiber from your food sources. MRP's have there place in my diet but not a mainstay.

whey is just a waste of space in your stomach where food could be.... i get far better results taking in 300 grams protein all food then 150 food/ 150 whey... it has no place in my book

Good Broly

nothing beats checken breast eggs and good ole beef...a protein shake here and there but solid foods is the way to go bro....

Quote Quote posted by PrimordialMan1
    Whey just isn't the same quality protein as you can get from certain solid foods. Eggs, chicken, turkey, etc

>> how is that possible ? when most whey shakes are LOADED with BCAA and L-glutamine ?

the only problem is that it is absorbed too quickly , but there are tons of ways to get over this

Victor